Five.

Now Playing... Over and Out 

    The first day of school was always one of the best days of the school year (besides homecoming week, obviously). It was the time to connect with friends again, gossip about the scandalous summer events, and enjoy having absolutely no learning or homework yet. Junior year was a bittersweet year, considering there was only one more year left before we all went off to college, and usually, it would have been a great day, but that was far from the truth for me. Everything would have been okay too, except Wes was going to be there again-- something I thought I would never have to endure again after I left my other school two years ago. People constantly made fun of me, and I was considered a loner. So, to put it lightly, the year was already a disaster before it had even begun.

Dragging myself out of bed, I slid on my baby blue, long-sleeved dress paired with white flats. I slipped on my diamond teardrop necklace, letting it rest in the space between the dress' sweetheart neckline, which conveniently, was the last gift I ever received from... well, you know who. Anyway, once I was fully dressed, I braided my hair to the side, letting a few loose strands frame my face, and then I applied light makeup. I grabbed my keys, phone, and purse, and headed downstairs where mom was typing away on her laptop and dad was reading the newspaper.

"Good morning, sweetheart! Are you ready for your first day?" She asked, her voice way too enthusiastic for my liking, but I nodded anyway, shooting her a small smile. Mom turned back to the stove, and I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. Mom glanced at me as I sat at the table. "Remember, you have to help Wes around because of the--"

"Yes, mother, I know." I groaned, shaking my head. "You don't have to remind me."

Mom sighed, returning her attention back to her computer. I grabbed a banana from the fruit dish before walking towards the front door, leaning against the wall as I waited for Wes. Finally, after twenty minutes, he walked down the stairs in a burgundy American Eagle t-shirt and black jeans. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you every American high school boy's outfit.

"Took you long enough." I mumbled, rolling my eyes, and he smirked, walking ahead of me to open the front door.

"Looking this hot takes time, baby. Don't hate me because I'm sexy as hell."

I scoffed. "If that's hot, I would hate to see ugly."

Wes glared at me, and I giggled, walking towards the open door, Wes held the door, and honestly, I expected him to slam it in my face the second he got the chance, but he held it courteously, waiting until I was fully out. He and I walked out to my truck. Once we were in, I pulled out and headed towards the school.

Not even a second after I pulled in, my phone started buzzing. Before turning off the engine, I unlocked my phone, reading over the same kind of message I received every school year since I moved to California.

MASS MESSAGE: I wonder if Molly will actually find a friend this year? Maybe she could hit up the goths. But even they wouldn't want to be friends with her. -Anonymous

Sighing, I cut the engine, slid my phone into my purse, and hopped out of the truck. Wes and I climbed out of the truck, and we walked towards the main entrance. As we reached the stairs leading to the main doors, Wes whistled. "So this is Valley High. It's bigger than I thought it would be."

"Come on," I mumbled, pushing through the black doors, "Let's go get our schedules. The faster we get this done, the sooner I can get away from you."

"Why, are you scared of me?" He questioned, his voice laced with mockery as he slid closer, his soft skin brushing against mine. I shivered as his warm breath fanned against my neck, sending chills down my spine. "Good. You should be."