Nine.

Now Playing... Ghost 

    After three long, stressful, and grueling days of being sick, I finally got over the effect of the bite. Wes never attempted to speak to me; in fact, I hadn't seen him since our fight, but I didn't care. If he wanted to ignore me, I would show him just how well I could play that game too.

School on Monday was probably one of the best days I ever had-- considering I wasn't there-- but that was besides the point. When Wes came home that day, he stomped past the living room where I was lounging, watching That 70s Show, and stormed up to his room, slamming the door.

Someone was feeling a little like Jackie.

"Real mature." I muttered, even though he couldn't hear it, and just as I started watching TV again, someone knocked on the front door. Sighing, I walked to the door and opened it, only to be greeted by Nicolette.

"Hey, Nik--"

"Molly!" She hissed, glaring at me. "Where have you been!? You left me with your little boyfriend!"

Ever since I moved to California, Nicolette had been my best friend. She was the only person who didn't pick fun at me, and she supported me in everything I did-- especially dance. She and I planned to move to New York after graduation and make it big. Nikki was insanely gorgeous. Her dark chocolate hair flowed all the way down to her waist, and she had big doe eyes, the color of emeralds. Nikki's skin was a deep olive tan since her mother was Mediterranean, and because of dance, she had the perfect physique.

My eyes nearly popped out of my head after hearing her words, and I held my hand up. "Slow your roll. We are not dating, and I would never be with him in the first place." I crossed my arms over my chest. "That bastard threw a spider on me. I've been sick as a dog for three days."

Walking into the living room, I sat back on the couch as Nikki sat in the chair beside the couch. She grabbed a jolly rancher out of the candy bowl on the coffee table and popped it in her mouth. "Where is he anyway?"

"Is someone looking for me?" Wes interrupted, sauntering into the living room and plopping down beside me, wrapping his arm around the back of the couch, close enough to be around me. "I shouldn't even ask that question. Everyone loves me."

I roll my eyes, and Nikki snickered. She turned her attention to the TV, and I sighed, looking away from him. Wes noticed and moved closer, slowly dragging his hand down the couch until it was resting on my shoulder. "Ignoring me now? Real mature, sweetheart."

Oh, so suddenly, he was Kelso trying to seduce me? So not happening.

Wes stared at me for a couple seconds, and when I didn't give him an answer, he sighed, turning his attention to Nikki. "Hey, pretty girl. I'm Wes. Maybe you and I could go someplace tonight." He winked, and it took everything I had not to throw up in my mouth. I never thought I would live to see the day when Wes hit on my best friend.

"Sorry, lover boy, but your kind isn't my type."

I laughed, causing Wes to glare at me, but then he quickly replaced it with raised eyebrows and a feign confused glance. "My kind?"

Nikki smirked, and Wes didn't hesitate to let his gaze travel down to her cleavage, and for some reason, something in my stomach knotted together. I didn't understand why. He could do whatever he wanted with girls.

... Just not with my best friend, and not right in front of me.

"Oh, you know..." She batted her eyelashes, crossing her legs. "A walking STD?"

I busted out laughing, and Wes glared at both of us. Nikki's smirk broke into a smile, and I high fived her before leaning back into Wes' arm. Wes' jaw ticked as he stared at the TV.