Eight.

Now Playing... The Story Never Ends 

    Dread owned me.

It crept over me like an icy chill, numbing my brain. It kept pushing against me like an invisible gale, attempting to reverse my steps back to bed as I slowly readied for school. I'm like the cow being herded to the slaughter house, not knowing of my destiny once I arrive. The only difference between the cow and I? It didn't know where it was going. I knew exactly where I was going, and with the dread I felt as soon as I awoke, I knew that school day was going straight to hell.

On the other hand, it was a rainy day, and I loved rainy days. The diffused gray light of the approaching storm shone through my bedroom window, and the soft patter of droplets hitting my window relieved me some. It was comforting rain, like sitting by the fireplace with a good book in hand. My shoulders relaxed as I stared out the window, watching two droplets race down the panel, and my mind quieted as I completely zoned into the peaceful delight of rain.

Every day, I wore similar outfits. Comfy leggings or occasionally jeans, and long sleeve shirts for reasons I didn't even want to admit. I owned short sleeve shirts, but with the way my wrists looked, I couldn't dare show them without the risk of being made fun of for it. Since it was a rainy day, I decided to braid my hair, and after I slid on my moccasins, I walked downstairs where Wes was standing by the front door. When he saw me, he stared, and I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" I questioned, and he stared at me for another second before shaking his head and walking out the door. I followed behind him quietly, and then we hopped in my truck and drove to the school. When I pulled into the parking lot, my phone buzzed, and when I opened it, I couldn't believe my eyes.

On the screen was the school message board, and the top post was a picture of me sleeping with the teddy bear my real dad gave me when I was five. A chill ran down my spine, and as I stared at the picture, I realized exactly who took it.

"Wes," I croaked through gritted teeth, my eyes growing blurry. He glanced at me, confusion evident in his eyes.

"What?"

"Why in the hell would you post that on the school message board!?"

His confusion grew as he faced me. "What are you talking about? I don't even know what that is."

I glared at him before shoving open the door of the truck and slamming it shut after I hopped out. Wes followed in suit, and when he stood in front of me, I glared at him again. "Don't play stupid with me, Wes."

"I'm not!" He exclaimed, crossing his arms over his chest. "I honestly don't know what you're talking about."

"Bullshit." I hissed, glaring at him as I bumped his shoulder, walking towards the main doors. "Find another ride home after school."

When I walked in, people stared at me and laughed. Everywhere I went, they were always laughing or whispering as they stared at me. As I turned down the hall where my locker was located, my phone buzzed again, but instead of a picture, it was a post on the message board.

MASS MESSAGE: Little Molly Clarke still sleeps with a teddy bear. Little Molly Clarke is still a little baby. -Anonymous

Rolling my eyes, I made my way to my locker and spun the lock. Wes stood beside me at his locker, and he didn't spare me a glance as he grabbed his books for first period. For some reason, it made me more angry that he wasn't looking at me. The picture and the post were his fault. I couldn't comprehend why he wouldn't just own up to it like usual. But then I opened my locker, and multiple pacifiers and mini teddy bears fell out. Tears filled my eyes, and I faced Wes, rage burning within me.