Ten.

Now Playing... Hold Each Other 

The day I could return to dance was a joyous day, mostly because I wouldn't be seeing Wes, not only because he didn't come to our practices with GiGi anymore, but also because he had basketball tryouts all weekend.

Monday was the usual long and dragging day at Valley High. Notifications from the school's message board kept flowing, but one in particular caught my attention.

MASS MESSAGE: Hello, Molly, we bought you a present. Love, the Student Body.

Attached was a picture of a noose, and all around me was quiet giggles and low whispers of gossip. Wasn't it nice that the whole student body wanted me dead?

During French class after Mrs. Dean gave us a worksheet to complete before the end of the period, an announcement came over the speaker, and out of the corner of my eye, I could see Wes rapidly tapping his pencil on his desk, one of the things he used to always do when he was nervous or anxious.

"Good Afternoon, students of Valley High!" The principal's voice rang through the speakers. "This is a quick announcement to congratulate the 2017-2018 Boys Basketball team, and their new co-captain, Deke Bailey! We also want to congratulate their newest captain, Wesley Grayson! Let's have a great season, boys!"

The classroom erupted in applause and whistles, and I watched as Deke and Wes fist bumped. A wide grin grew on Wes' face, and as he glanced around the classroom, he looked at every single person except me. After everything died down, we returned to the worksheet. My phone buzzed in my pocket, but luckily, it wasn't the message board.

But that also didn't mean it was someone I wanted a message from.

Wes: Help me with this in your room later tonight?

I stared at my phone.

Alright, let's put that message into perspective. We were in French class, and he asked for help with French in my room during the night. Now, I'm not suggesting anything, but to me, it sounded like it totally had a double meaning. Like, oh, let's study French in your bedroom tonight, nothing big, just studying French. Tell me, how exactly would you have taken that?

Rolling my eyes, I replied before returning my attention to my paper. Two seconds later, my phone buzzed again.

Wes: That eye roll wasn't appreciated.

Molly: Oh, really? I thought it was nice.

He didn't respond through text, but he sighed, and it was enough to make me smirk. After that class ended, the rest of the day flew by, and I went home to get ready for dance. Driving down to the studio, I stopped for a quick snack, and when I pulled in the dance studio's parking lot, I noticed nobody was there except for Miss. Lauren. When I walked through the front door, she was sitting at the front desk looking through papers, and when she saw me, confusion washed over her face.

"Hey!" I greeted, setting my bag on the table. "Where is everyone?"

Miss. Lauren's head tilted to the side. "Your class was canceled today. Didn't GiGi tell you?" I shook my head, and she sighed, writing on the paper in front of her. "Well, there's no practice until Thursday, so you can go home."

I turned around to leave, but then an idea clicked into my head, and I faced her again, a small smile on my face. "Actually, would you mind if I stay and practice?"

"Sure, go right ahead." She smiled, clasping her hands together. "I'll come back in a couple minutes."

Walking to one of the rooms, I flipped on the lights and threw my bag on the floor. I slipped on my jazz shoes before sitting to stretch. After I finished stretching, Miss. Lauren walked in.