6. And You Are?

Emma had thought Killian would start babbling when he saw her, but Killian just slowly got up from the couch and stood, there speechless.

     When he did start talking, he only managed to say, "You're dead."

      Emma laughed lightly and ran up and pulled Killian into a hug. "No, I'm still alive. We've come to bring you back to Storybrooke."

     "We?" Killian asked.

     As if on cue, the rest of Emma's friends and traveling companions burst through the still-open door. Emma nodded. "Henry, Regina, Robin, my mom and dad, and, um, Mr. Gold."

Killian didn't even look at the Crocodile. He just gazed into Emma's jade green eyes. They held the world inside them, and Killian knew that those were the eyes that he never wanted to stop gazing into. He crushed his lips against Emma's, thanking his lucky stars that he had gotten to see her again.

When they pulled apart for air, Emma looked down at her feet. "There's something I have to tell you," she said, meekly.

      "What is it, love?"

    Emma looked up into Killian's ocean-blue eyes, and smiled. "I'm pregnant."

"How long have you known?"

"Uh, well, the Rumpelstiltskin apparition told me in Nimue form back when we were in Camelot, but I wasn't sure until just before you, um, died, and I wasn't sure what you'd do as the-"

Emma was cut off as Killian pulled her in for a passionate kiss. The rest of Emma & Co. stood behind semi-
awkwardly, David telling himself that is was okay, Emma was thirty. Killian put his hand to Emma's abdomen and smiled when they broke apart for air. Forehead to forehead, they looked into each others eyes. It was all they needed. Just to be together.

     "I love you."

     "I love you too, Emma."

    Regina cleared her throat. "We should get out of here quickly."

    "Right," Emma said. She reached her hand into her chest and stifled a scream as she pulled out her heart.

     "Swan, what are you doing?" Killian asked in shock when he saw what Emma was doing.

     Emma broke her heart in half. She looked into her pirate's ocean eyes. "I'm saving you," she said as she put half her heart back in her own chest, and the other half in Killian.

Killian took a deep breath, and he looked alive again. But their happiness was cut short. They turned around to see Gold disappear in a puff of smoke.

      "No!" Emma shouted, exasperated. "That was our ride home!"

"Love, you don't have another way home?" Killian looked extremely fearful for the others. "Because, you do not want to meet the mayor of this town."

      Regina shuddered. There were a lot of people who would love to see her down here, permanently. "Who's the mayor?"

Killian shivered as if uttering her name would bring about her terror. "Cora."

      Regina bit her lip. It was worse than she thought. But a different realization hit her. "Emma, were you the Dark One at conception?"

     Emma slowly nodded.

     "And Hook was too?"

     "Yeah... Where are you going with this?"

     Regina face-palmed. "Is there a magical midwife in the Underworld?"

     In a puff of blue smoke, a girl of about twenty appeared. She had Raven hair and ice blue eyes. She strangely looked a lot like Killian, but nobody said so. She looked around. "I have been summoned?" She said, expectantly.

     Emma looked at her, suspicious. "What land are you from?"

      "Well, it's possible to be born in the Underworld," she began, looking bored. "My mom died, then I happened. I think my dad's still alive, but I wouldn't know."

     Emma still didn't trust her. "Who's your mother?"

     The girl smiled. "Her name is Milah."