Nick Valentine Imagine

Nick Valentine Imagine--Games

Note: I'm calling the player in fallout four the lone wanderer because the name for this game is WEAK. It's weak, i'm so sorry. The game is good, the name is weak, and the player will be called the lone wanderer. This is a fallout four imagine, meaning if you've played, it will certainly help you get this. If not, just vote and nod uncertainly. I get that he's a synth, one. I also get that something different happens with him in the game, but guess what? No spoilers. Aha.

Now, I understand gender fluidity, and understand that NO ONE should have to conform to something they don't want to be, nor should they have to disclose what they feel inside. I will, though, put something up for consideration. I'd really like opinion on this. I use female pronouns in all of my imagines--I am female. If, for a request, you would like them to be male or nondescript, I can also do that. Here is where I would like you all to speak out.

Would you guys like it if I changed all the pronouns in all of my imagines to neutral? It would be difficult, but I could certainly do it. I was scrolling through me demographic, and some of you are in fact, male. Now, if you would like, I can give you certain imagines with male pronouns, or, as a collective unit, you could get me to just use neutral ones. I'd really apreciate some feedback here, and remember, no matter what pronoun I use I don't want to offend anyone. Be who you are inside, lovies.

Request for: AlexOfAsgaard

Warnings: Nope we're good. Keep pumping with the requests. I'm planning something real nice for Christmas, so prepare. Oh, special, twelve days starts now. Something different every day. Today, regular imagine. Tomorrow...well....we'll just have to see, won't we?

Nick Valentine Imagine

It wasn't a matter of right or wrong, or even what Nick believed. He was going to help the wanderer get her son back. It wasn't a matter of whose hands made him, or what tech filled his soul. It was a detailed computer program, made to learn from experience and develop some semblance of emotions. It was never, ever supposed to go this far. Nick couldn't remember who had made him, or how he had come to be, but he knew that these emotions were never the intention of the software. He couldn't trust what he felt. No matter how human he felt, he wasn't really a human, was he? No.

So it came to be that one day, when the wanderer had left diamond city with Nick in tow, that the duo came to a cold stop in their relationship. After she saved a puddle-jumper settlement, she opened up her inventory and started rifling through it, selling odds and ins, until suddenly, she came to the second wedding ring in her inventory, the one Nick knew she had retrieved from her dead husband. This was, without a doubt, an important relic.

Nick watched with a curious amount of hope as she stared at the item, viewing it from every angel. It would only be around fifty caps, but it wasn't about the money. It was about her holding on or letting go. Finally, after over a minute of contemplation, she sold it and immediately finished the transaction. She didn't say a word to Nick as they left the settlement, on their way to the next goal.

Walking a few paces behind her, he looked ahead with unbridled joy, which didn't go unnoticed.

"What's got you in such a chipper mood, Nick?"
"I feel like we've been getting along lately, (y/n). It's really good to have someone so close to me." The wanderer looked, for a moment, another decision that was likely to change something. Finally, she opened her mouth, looking lightly upon the synth.

"That's good, Nick. I'm glad you're close to me as well." She turned around and continued walking, and a pit of lead formed in his stomach. Well, not really. The irony of that thought made him want to laugh, and he almost did.

Almost.

Later

It wasn't really a close call, but it always felt like that.

He barely had time to collect himself from the fight before she was off again, collecting random nicknacks she couldn't help but view as treasures. Every single time he asked why, she would simply ignore him and press on. That's how it worked, and it hardly bothered him.

After a 'close call' with a rather unforgiving bunch of raiders, she was already up, picking a lock. She smiled as it finally gave.

"Nice job with that, (y/n)." She looked back at him and smiled before looting her reward. If she was happy, he was happy.

After they both had their weight in junk, she decided that they would go back to diamond city.

Line Break

"...so, why don't you wait in Sanctuary?" He stared at her, almost shocked that he was so easy to replace. Everything that they had been through...he saw in her eyes that it meant nothing. She was already planning another adventure with another of her followers, and he was simply dead weight.

"Sure." He forced. "You'll be back soon, and we can head out again."
"Yeah." Her tone was flat, unforgiving. She turned away, bond severed, he was used up. With a theoretical heavy heart he started back to sanctuary, nothing in his pack but his detective outfit and a cheap handgun. Nothing had been his. Not even his emotions. It seemed that the farther he got from diamond city, the more it drained away.

Weeks later

It was done.
What he had felt was real.

She felt it, too. He wasn't alone.

There they were, in the same bed, together.
Together.

He knew what it was, for her. It was an advantage. She slept consciously, aware and barely tolerating of his presence. He knew it and he still gave her every advantage he could offer. He loved her, really and deeply, with a passion that transcended programming. For her, he had learned to love, and he loved her alone.

For her, it was just...a game.