Spock Imagine

Spock Imagine (Set in the 2009 Star Trek universe because)

Note: This imagine taps into my personal sense of humor, as I think we need a small break from all this seriousness. I'm a serious lady, but I also laugh at things like; "Instructions not clear, accidentally got the burger pregnant."

Alright, non Star Trek fans, look not at this note. You will give literally zero shits about it.

Now, for all those still reading, let me 'disclaim' something. Yes, I'm setting this in the Alternate Universe created by the 'New' one. Do you know why? Because I haven't watched all of the movies in FOUR GODDAMN years and I haven't the resources to stage a marathon presently. I wouldn't dare bastardize an imagine based on the classics without knowing exactly what I'm talking about 100% of the time. I would love to do an honest-to-good look at the classics where Y/n is capable and smart and all of the characters are actually in  character and not OOC--and babies don't you panic, I will.

However I have no issues doing the same thing for the 'New' movies, 2009--, and I just streamed them from my Vudu account so we're cool.

Please don't get angry at me I can't handle nerd rage at the moment.

Warnings: Let's just call it what it is: Arrr Rated. For mild sexual content but a whole noodle-box of cursing. Also, OOC Spock because being realistic is basically plagiarizing so you're welcome. Also, dangerous content in this imagine. By that of course I mean some epic quips, and wit so sharp fourteen people have cut themselves on it and died of blood loss.

Spock Imagine

Y/n had been dating her boss for...

Two years, nearly.

Sure, she worked under Spock. Sure, she was quite 'inferior' to him, and yes; she was more emotionally available than him. Either way, it managed to work with little to no world-melting chaos.

At first glance, most people assumed that's why she kept her job--fucking the first officer of the ship, that is. She was a regular grease-monkey, hardly ever entirely clean, and she had a speech impediment that was somewhere between a stutter and complete word salad. Spock exuded poise and intelligence, and Y/n exuded...to put it lightly, 'I tripped on air two seconds ago'.

In all reality, she was amazing at her job. Montgomery Scott--that's right, the  Scotty--had even praised her on her quick thinking and intelligence. Where a typical engineer would have auxiliary power restored in two hours in a crisis, she could get it back up in ten minutes flat. No one was quite sure how she was able to so quickly understand the most complex of machines, not even the commander, and Spock had been relatively bothered about that when first they met.

They hadn't gotten along very well, not at the beginning. She leaned towards the more sarcastic side of the scale, and while he was used to this, she didn't have nearly the amount of tact needed to earn his honest respect. Sure, she thought he was sexy as hell, but she was also wise enough to keep this to herself. The fact that he seemed to be a raging sociopathic dickburger didn't exactly make it harder to resist him, either. He remained relatively  civil for the first year they worked on the same ship, until he noticed her in a different light for the first time since she was stationed on the USS enterprise.

(Nearly) Two Years Ago

After a mission that was going horribly wrong went amazingly right, Captain Kirk decided a kind of 'night off', which meant detouring into a neutral space and hovering for a day or so. Y/n, who hadn't been clean for more than ten minutes at a time in over a year, was able to shower and dress casually, and in doing so she was able to avoid getting 'frumpy' as she usually did. Usually, she showered and dressed and was quickly forced back into the bowels of the ship (not that she minded).