Chapter 8

Niall's POV

We had a prefect day at the park and soundcheck had gone really well. Emma watched from the side of the stage and seemed to be having a great time. All of our families were coming right from the airport and meeting us as the venue. They were due to arrive in 30 minutes so I thought it was a good time to tell Emma.

"So, I just wanted to tell you that my mom, dad, brother and sister in law are coming to the show tonight with the rest of the families. Before you freak out if you don't want to meet them that's okay with me."

"Niall, if you want me to meet your family, I'd love to. It's really up to you." It looked like she was trying not to laugh as she said this.

"Of course I want you to meet them. I care about you and I know my parents will fall in love with you."

"I'm excited to meet them." She looked genuinely excited.

While we were in the green room Emma was joking around with all the boys like she had known them for years. They all seemed to take to her so quickly. I was happy my second family loved her as much as I did.

When our parents arrived I introduced Emma as my girlfriend. I wish I got a picture of her face when I said it because I don't think I'll ever see a smile on her face that big again.

My mom and dad paid more attention to Emma than they did to me. My mom was pulling her in for hugs and they all looked so happy. I was the happiest I had ever been in my life. They called 10 minutes until show time so we said goodbye to our families. My mom and Emma left holding hands, too cute.

Once we got on stage we felt the energy from the crowd. It was one of the coolest venues we'd ever played at. It was just a stage that sat in the water. We could see our families all in one massive section. I had a clear view of Emma. I caught myself looking at her thorough most of the show. She was standing in front of my brother and was standing with Perrie and El. They seemed to be getting along great.

About halfway through the show we were singing "Moments" and I looked for Emma in the crowd again. I saw a group of girls standing next to her talking to her. Emma seemed to be ignoring them and then I saw one of the girls pull back her arm and punch Emma square in the face. I jumped up from where I was and ran to the edge of the stage so I could get a better look. I saw security pulling the group of girls away from out families section and I saw Greg lean down and pick up Emma.

Louis could tell I was upset and came over to me to see what was wrong. I just pointed in the direction of our families section and he looked really concerned. He told me to go, he pushed me off stage and told me to see what happened. The boys finished the song with out me.

When I got to the green room I found a security guard and told him to go find out what happened to the girl in our families section and if she was well enough, bring her back here. I paced back and forth and soon the boys ran into the room.

"What the fuck happened?!?" Zayn yelled.

"I don't know. I saw some girls bothering Emma and all of a sudden one of them just punched her right in the face. I saw Greg pick her up but I couldn't tell if she was okay." I couldn't stop pacing. The boys paced with me.

A couple minutes later the security guard came back in with Greg.

"I think she's gonna be fine. She definitely got knocked out. She was unconscious when I picked her up. Some group of girls were asking her who she was and who she had to screw to get into the family section. Emma just ignored them and I think that annoyed the girls more. One of them just hit her in the side of the face. I known the police took the girls who were bothering her and they took Emma to the hospital. Perrie went with her." Greg told the story so fast I felt like I missed half of it, but I lost when he said she got taken to the hospital.

"Boys, I have to go see her. I can't go back out there and sing the last two with her in the hospital."

"Go. We'll tell the crowd you got sick and that's why you ran off stage. We'll finish up and meet you at the hospital." Harry said. He looked as worried as I did.

"Thanks boys. I'll see you soon."

I ran out of the green room with Greg. We got to one of the cars that was going to take us back to the city and we jumped in. I couldn't get to the hospital fast enough.