Chapter 14

Emma's POV

The sun was shining through the window straight onto my bed. I fought waking up as long as I possibly could but it was so bright that sleep was no longer an option. When I opened my eyes I saw that the clock said 8:17am. I was supposed to be at work by 9 that morning but my head still hurt and I had less than 24 hours to spend with the love of my life so work wasn't an option today. I rolled over to grab my phone off the table next to my bed and I realized Niall wasn't in bed with me. I sat straight up and looked around, no sign of Niall. I was panicking. I got out of bed, not even paying attention to the fact that I had absolutely nothing on. I ran into the living room, still no sign of him. I looked at my phone and didn't have any messages from him. I dialed his number and it went straight to voicemail. I dropped to the ground. I must have scared him off. I should have never told him that I loved him after only a few days. I was insane. I could feel myself getting more and more worked up, I knew I was on the verge of a panic attack. I tried to take deep breaths but I couldn't. I loved Niall and I thought he had loved me too but instead he just ran away.

All of a sudden the door opened and I looked up. It was Niall with a tray of coffees in one hand and a huge white bag in the other. He saw me and put the stuff n the table and ran over to me.

"What the hell happened? I was only gone for 20 minutes. Are you hurt?" He has his hands on my arms trying to get me to pay attention to him but I was too worked up at that point. "EMMA! WHAT HAPPENED??"

"Nothing, I just...I....Niall I thought you just left me." I could barely get the words out.

"Are you kidding? I just went to get us breakfast. I didn't want to wake you up. Jesus Emma, I would never leave you. Let's get you dressed and some food in your stomach. " He put one hand out waiting for me to take it so he could help me up.

"Oh god, this is embarrassing. Dammit, I can't believe I'm naked." I was probably blushing a nice shade of red right now. I could feel the blood rushing the my cheeks.

"Love, you look absolutely stunning, noting to be embarrassed of." He grabbed the blanket off the back of my couch and wrapped me in it.

After I had gotten dressed I met him in the kitchen. We ate breakfast and discussed the plan for the day.

"Well, I leave at 6 today so I have to be back at the hotel by 3 so I can pack and get to the airport on time. That leaves us 6 hours to see all of New York." He was on his third blueberry muffin. I guess he really did love food.

"All of New York huh? I think I can do that. Let me just freshen up and then we'll head out. You can have the rest of my muffin too, I don't feel like eating." He didn't object.

I went into the bathroom and threw some light makeup on and pulled my hair up. I had the perfect plan to show him all of the city.