Chapter 26

3 months later: NYC

Niall's POV

The stadium tour was going perfectly. Every date had sold out in under an hour and playing to crowds of 50,000-100,000 people each night was more emotional than I though it would be. We were back in NYC to play two nights at the Meadowlands where the New York Giants and Jets play football. We had played our first show last night and it was incredible. The energy was electric. We had another show there tonight and I had a big surprise planned for Emma. The boys knew, and of course our management team but she had absolutely no idea.

She had been having a great time on tour. Her weekly blogs were amazing. They were funny and heartfelt. It was so much different reading something written about us by someone who truly did care about us as people and not just a band. The blogs had been a smash on the magazines website. Almost each Friday the site crashed when she would post a new entry. She had gotten lots of job offers from other companies and from other bands but she stuck with us obviously.

We were staying at our apartment in the city. It was the first time we had been back to NYC since we left for London. I could tell Emma was happy to be home. Her friends were coming to the show tonight. Her brother and his wife were coming as well. He also knew about the surprise since I had spoken to him about it a month or so ago. He was excited to see her reaction.

We were picking her brother and his wife up on the way to the venue. When we saw Graham walk out of the airport with Kristen Emma broke down. She would never talk to me about how much she missed her family or friends but I knew it was just because she didn't want me to feel bad.

"Jesus sis, it's not like I'm coming back from the war or something. Calm down." He hugged her and kissed the top of her head. She hugged Kristen and then hugged Graham again.

"Hey man, ready for tonight?" Graham shook my hand and said quietly so only I could hear him.

"As ready as I'll ever be." He patted my back and told me I'd be okay. I hope he was right.

Emma's POV

I was so happy that my family and friends were at the show tonight. We were about halfway through the tour and it was incredible to be in these massive stadiums and watch the boys live their dream. Every night at least one of them teared up singing one of the songs. It had to be an overwhelming feeling. I remember when they played their first show at Croke Park in Ireland Niall was in tears through most of the show. Happy tears obviously but teas nonetheless. His family and friends took up and entire section to the right of the stage. Liam, Louis, Harry and Zayn's families were also in the section since they were Niall's extended family. We all had green shirts on that said "We're proud of our boy from Mullingar" and on the back it had his X-Factor audition number. He had no idea we were all wearing them and when he saw us all he lost it. I just wanted to run up on stage and hug him. I had never been more proud of him than I was that night.

Last nights show was one of the best crowds they had had during the tour and I'm sure tonight's would be no different. I wished the boys good luck and then went to meet my family and friends in our section to the right of the stage right in front. Usually we were somewhere in the center about halfway back but Niall wanted us in the front tonight, I wasn't sure why. Maybe he wanted my family to have a better view, who knows. The show started and just as I expected, the crowd was incredible. I was getting recognized through out the show. Girls were asking to take pictures with me, I still wasn't used to that but of course I said yes. Next up was my favorite song "Little Things."

"This crowd tonight is the best we've had this entire tour, and I mean that!" As soon as Zany said this the crowd erupted. I think my eardrum popped.

"Now, before we start this song we need to bring someone up on stage with us. This is a girl that is very important to all of us but especially important to Niall." Harry looked right at me as he said it.

Oh crap.

"Emma, come on up!" Liam walked to the end of the stage where I was standing and waved me up. I looked at my brother and he told me to go up already. I looked at the stage for Niall but did t see him anywhere. What the hell was going on?

I walked to the edge of the stage and one of the security guards lifted me up onto the stage. When I got up I saw Niall walk back on stage. He looked nervous but came over and kissed me. He took my hand and walked me over to the stairs where he was sitting. All the boys sat around us.

"Sing along with us everybody, this is Little Things!" Louis shouted.

They started singing the song, Niall was playing guitar. He only looked at me once, I was still confused as to why I was even up here. The crowd was the loudest I'd ever heard a crowd before.

Niall sang his solo and then stood up and took my hand. The music was still playing but no one was singing. I stood up with him and the looked around at the boys but they all had just had massive smiles on their faces. I heard a collective gasp from the crowd and turned back to face Niall and he was on one knee in front of me. This was not happening.....

"Emma. I fell for you the first second I saw you and I've been falling for you ever since. You've been my rock since day one and even though we've been through more in a year than most couples go through in a lifetime we are stronger than ever. I can't imagine a life with out and I honestly would never want to. Would you do me the honor of being my wife?"

I couldn't hear anything. As soon as he stopped talking its like everything around me just disappeared. I was frozen for a second just looking into his eyes. This is what I had wanted from the second I saw him at the radio station. We had been through a lot, and we had both made mistakes and we both had a lot of growing left to do but I wanted to do it with him. I wanted to spend my life with him and I couldn't believe he was actually asking me to be his wife in front of 80,000 people. I felt him squeeze my hand and that brought me back to reality.

"Of course!!" I yelled. He jumped up and I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. He spun me around a few times and put me down. He took a Tiffany box out of his pocket and opened it. It was literally the most beautiful ring I has ever seen. It was a cushion cut diamond in the middle surrounded by two rows of diamonds. The entire band was diamonds too. My hand was shaking as he put it on. I saw a shot of it on the big screen on the side of the stage, the crowd went crazy.

Liam, Louis, Harry and Zayn and ran over to us and brought us into a group hug. All of them were crying and this is the first time that I realized Niall was crying too. I started crying as soon as I saw them all crying. I kissed Niall for what seemed like forever. He wiped the tears away for my eyes and told me that I made him the happiest man in the world. He had made me the happiest woman in the world.

As I looked out into the crowd I realized how much my life had changed in the past year and how much it was going to change in the years to come. I had found the love of my life and I couldn't wait to be Mrs. Niall Horan.