Chapter 11

Niall's POV

I could not get to the hospital fast enough. Our hotel was close to an hour away from the hospital with out any traffic. When is there not traffic in New York City?

It took me two and a half hours to get to the hospital. As soon as the driver parked I ran in as fast as I could. I ran to the room where Emma had been the day before but she wasn't there. I started to panic. I went to the nurses station and asked where she was. The nurse looked her up and told me that she had just been discharged by the doctor. I looked down at my phone and realized I had two missed calls from Emma. I listened to one of the voicemails.

Hey Ni, the doctor just came in and told me that it would be okay for me to leave. He is going to have them discharge me in the next hour. I hope you get this message soon.

I loved how she called me Ni, it was so cute. But really everything she did was cute. I listened to the second voicemail.

Hey. I'm not sure where you are but I'm leaving right now. My brother is trying to find a car service so we can get back to the city since we don't have a car here. Call me pleaseeee.

I dialed her number right away and was relieved when I heard her pick up after the first ring.

"Niiiii, where are you? I tried to stall the doctor but he said I should really be in bed resting at home."

"I just got to the hospital. I was so worried when I saw you weren't in your room. Where are you right now?"

"We're out front waiting for our car. It should be here in 15 minutes."

"Rubbish, I'll meet you out front with my car and I'll take you two back to the city. I'd enjoy a nice long car ride with you love."

"Alright. We'll be waiting for you." She sounded so tired.

I jumped into the SUV that was waiting outside and I told the driver to head to the front entrance. When we got around to the other side of the hospital I saw Emma in her outfit from the night of the incident and a huge guy sitting with her. Oh god, if this was her brother he was definitely intimidating.

"I'm so glad I didn't miss you two. I'm Niall by the way. So glad you could come see your sister, she needed you." I said as I shook her brothers hand.

"Yeah, no problem. I'm Graham, it's nice to meet you. Thanks for flying me out."

"Well you want to get in and we'll head back to the city. Emma, is your brother going to stay with you for the night or do you want me to get him a room in our hotel?" I helped her in the car as I asked. She still looked beautiful but she also looked worn out.

"It's up to Graham. He would probably be better off with a hotel though because I only have one bed. He'd barely fit on my couch."

"Alright, I'll get a room for him at the Ace. We can drop him off first and then I'll hang out with you for the afternoon since I'm free until tomorrow. We don't leave until 6 tomorrow night."

I could see the hurt and panic on her face. With everything that had happened the past few days she probably didn't even think about when I was leaving. I didn't want to leave her. I felt like I just found the perfect girl for me and I was going to have to say goodbye to her in less than 24 hours.