xvi. 식스틴

{ c h a e m i }

Unforeseen
-; Something unexpected and not known beforehand.

"None of this was foreseen of me."

;;

I heard footsteps from behind.

Nah probably some random passerby.

Then someone hugged me from behind.

Boo Seungkwan.

"Oh my god Chaemi why aren't you answering my calls?? Did you know how much you worried me?"

"Wait are you crying?"

Seungkwan grabbed my face and stared at me.

"You know boo, I have something very important to tell you."

He lowered his hands and asked me "What is itttt?"

But Chaemi what if he doesn't like you?
What if your frienship gets ruined?
What if he hates you?

But what if he's also in love with you?
What if he likes you too?
What if you guys will have an everlasting love?

"Uhhh.."

"Tell me Chaemi. Is your favorite group having a hot comeback or what?"

I knew he was just trying to make me smile.
I couldn't think properly.
My heart was beating so fast.
I can't.

And with that, I found myself freaking out. Knowing all of the reasons why this could go terribly wrong.

"Oh..yes I heard that BTS is having a comeback and yeah I'm very excited...and  I really like Jungkook!!1!1!"

And as those words escaped from my lips, I knew I was going to regret it.

As soon as those words fell out off my mouth, Seungkwan's smile faded and his face showed nothing but jealousy. "What? What-- wait which member again?"

"Nothing im--" I lowered my gaze and stared at the ground.

"What do you mean? You said it was impoooortaaant!" He said, his huge eyes staring at me, expecting something.

"Just.. Jungkook you know.." By now, my insides are going crazy. My heart was falling apart and I just--

Meanwhile, Seungkwan was already pinching his forehead. He knew from my frown that it wasn't what you were going to say. "Was it possible that you were going to confess?" He thought. But then he heard you muttering about how Jungkook's body was the best body ever.

A horrified expression spread across Seungkwan's face. "But I thought you only loved me??" Before proceeding to cup his mouth, obviously flustered of what he just said.

I gasped.

"Um how dare you decide my feelings for me?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "If anything, it's you who freaking loves me!!"

Now, it's my turn to be terrified of my own words.

"BECAUSE I DO! BUT YOU'RE SUCH A PABO THAT YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE HOW MUCH I CARE FOR YOU! EVERYDAY I WAKE UP HOPING TO SEE YOU AND GO TO BED KNOWING THAT I'LL BE DREAMING OF YOU! BUT YOUU!" He pointed a finger at me and shakily added, "YOU'RE SUCH A BRAT THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN CONFESS TO ME!"

Wow is this real.

"UGH YOU'RE SO-- Seungkwan, I'm too tired to handle all this drama right now. I need to get home asap."

I whirled around but instead, I found myself being embraced by strong arms.

"Ugh why you..." I began, but then drifted off as my eyes met his big orbs, the ones that are full of admiration, begging me to say those three words that can lock a promise of love. "Fine fine.. I love you so much, Boo Seungkwan."

He edged closer to me. I can literally feel our breaths and the closeness that makes my heart flutter like asdfghkl.

"Finally you hurried and told me."

"You're--you w-won't say i-it back?" I whispered, his whole self embracing me, feeling his warm breath fan over my face in cold.

Seungkwan's lips brushed over mine as he said, "I love you too, Chaemi."

And as if that wasn't enough, he just had to grab my lips to confirm our relationship that had gone in different directions, but was worth it, as we both stood there in the street, with the feeling of nothing but love, just wrapped in each other's warmth.

;;