xix. 나인틴

{ c h a e m i }

Oblivious
—; not aware of or not concerned about what is happening around one.

"A mystery lingering around me,
Something tugs in the bottom of my heart,
An invisible commotion that goes through my mind,
Always telling me something I shouldn't know."

;;

I wonder what Seungkwan is up to lately.

He's been acting a bit weird lately.

Or maybe he's just showing his true colors?

I bet no. Seungkwan's the kindest human being ever and he won't ever keep secrets from me.

But he's like, avoiding me or something.

It has been a week since he last texted me, and that was when he turned down my offer to come which was weird. He never does that. He seemed to be off and tired.

What if he's keeping something from me?

Anyways, today is the day we'll have our date. It was our first monthsary and I'm super excited. We'll finally meet again.

And it means hugs and kisses from Seungkwan.

I sighed as I walked over to our meeting spot. How I missed this. We decided to meet where we declared our love for each other. This park. I smiled as the memories of that night reminded me again.

As I was busy lurking around, I felt a pair of fluffy arms wrapped around me.

And the excited me, of course, "WOOAH SEUNGKW--"

I was cut off when my eyes met the person who practically back-hugged me.

"D-dokyeom? What?"

What is this even? Is this a prank or something? What the heck is Dokyeom doing? I mean, we're not even close or something.

"Hi!!" He said with his oh-so-bright smile. He looked so cheerful that it made me smile, too.

"Remember meee? The guy from the ice cream shop! Hellooo Chaemi??" He screamed. Jumping up and down from his spot and constantly waving his hands on my face.

"Oh.. Y-yeah. What are you doing here?" I stuttered, still confused of the situation.

His smile grew brighter. "I was just passing by and saw you here." He scratched his head. "So I came to say hi!"

"And wait how did you know my name?" I was wondering about that one too.

"Your boyfriend Seungkwan told me." What? He knew Seungkwan? What is happening?

I gave him a questioning look. "You know Seungkwan?'

"Yeah! We are both trainees at Pledis! Don't you know?" What? Trainees? Pledis? What is he saying?

"I'm sure he doesn't plan to debut or something." I looked at him confusingly. Seungkwan never mentioned about training on Pledis though.

"Yes he does. We're friends!" His smile turned into a frown. I think he was getting annoyed.

"Ugh okay then..." I looked around, trying to escape the situation.

"Soooo what are you doing here?" His smile lit up his face again.

"I was just waiting for Seungkwan to arrive. We have a date today." I explained to him excitedly.

And I swear there was that glint in his eyes.

"Oh."

"But it seems like he's already late." I looked at my watch and started tapping my feet impatiently.

"That's okay. You can just hang out with me while he's still not here!" Excitement was plastered all over his face. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed by the fact that Seungkwan would be late. He was never late in our dates.

So I chose to hang out with this guy.

I never thought that it would be wrong.