Chapter Twenty Two | Recovery

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO~
RECOVERY

"Celia! I haven't seen you in a week! My precious baby!" Soraya screamed as she entered my house in a whirlwind of Soraya, snacks and movies.

"What even... I am not your baby."

"Yes you are my sweetest little adorable, baby child."

"What happened to you?" I asked, shoving her grabby hands out of my face. "I'm okay and in one piece thank you very, very much."

"I just missed you! I was so worried you know? Also, James is also coming over in... five or ten minutes."

I groaned. "Oh my gosh why? I look like a total mess." I complained, gesturing to my shabby penguin pajamas.

"Since when have you cared about this?"

"Who knows?" I answered ambiguously.

"What happened between you and lover boy?"

"I could ask you the same thing." I shot back, grinning victoriously.

"Have you-"

She was interrupted by the bell ringing and I smiled at cheekily.

"I thought you said five minutes? That was hardly even one. Now, would you be so kind as to open up the door? I'm still injured here, you see?" I asked innocently, "Thanks friend."

When James walked into the room, he was out of breath and red in the face.

It was a funny sight with his mussed up hair and skewed band shirt. I wished I had my camera to take a picture or something. I didn't though. The cameras had gone back to their cases once we'd both completed our videos.

It was nice to know that James still wanted to stick around after the project was over. Later, I found out (from a very indignant James) that I was officially one of his closest friends so 'why the hell did you think I'd randomly up and away after it was all over? Stupid child.'

"Celia!" James gasped out at present, when he finally caught his breath, "You're alive!"

"No, I'm actually dead," I deadpanned.

"Oh crap, you mean you're a zombie?" James asked playfully, taking a drink from the chocolate milk Soraya handed him.

"Yes, and I'm about to command the army that will trigger the apocalypse," I replied in my flattest, most unamused voice.

"God save me."

"Prayer won't help when you're the first victim on my list."

"In that case, can I be your second in command?"

"No, that would be my pet dragon."

"You have a pet dragon zombie."

"Don't judge."

"I'm always judging you."

"True that."

"Also, as a zombie, you're talking wayyyyyy too much. You'd make a horrible zombie."

"Okay, okay!" Soraya cut in before I could respond. "As adorable as this is, I really need to break up your amusing flirting."

We both whipped around to glare at her.

"Celia zombies don't flirt," I said, giving Soraya an expressionless face that matched my tone of voice.

"What?" James yelped, "There are multiple Celias out there? We should all just surrender now before the Celia zombies even begin their slaughter."