Chapter Twenty Six | Hating on the word 'friends'

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX~

HATING ON THE WORD 'FRIENDS'

"Celia! Celia! Holy shit Cee!"

I groaned and stuffed my head under my pillow. I didn't want to deal with anything today. After the hellish week at school, I just wanted to sleep my life away.

"Celia freaking Watson! Wake the hell up!"

I mumbled some incoherent words, still under the influence of sleep.

"Celiaaaa!"

I flipped over, cracking an eye open slightly.

I swear most of my mornings ended in Soraya waking me up.

"What?" I croaked.

"Date! Me! Tomorrow! Help!"

"What?" I asked again, scooting over to give Soraya some room.

She tossed herself onto my bed, nearly squishing me in the process.

"Come again?" I said sleepily again, as I sat up in my bed.

Soraya smiled, closing her eyes. "Kenny called me at like nine in the morning."

"And you woke up to answer him? At nine?"

She opened her eyes to slant me a shut-up-and-listen look.

"Right so, I answer, I'm half asleep so I don't realize a word he's saying. Mind you, he's blabbering away at an unnaturally fast speed. Then, he just asks me out and I said 'hahaha, this is a brilliant dream' and I hung up."

I laughed loudly, waking up entirely from the hilarity.

"Shut up! So, he calls me back again. By this time, I've realized what I did. When I pick up, he asks me again, all nervous and stuff,"

"And now you're going on a date when?" I cut in, not meaning to be rude, but simply because I knew she was about to go off on a huge tangent.

"Sorry. Tomorrow."

"And I figure into this how?"

"Come with me?"

"Nope," I rejected immediately. "I'm not third wheeling you."

"You won't be!" she insisted.

"That's what they all say," I retorted, shooting a slight smile her way. "I will be, trust me."

"I just want you to come because I'm terrified of this. You can leave whenever you feel uncomfortable!"

I grabbed my toothbrush and squirted the toothpaste onto it. I walked back out and braced my free arm against the doorsill as I thought.

Soraya was staring at me pleadingly.

I sighed, not really able to resist yet knowing I'd regret this immensely.

I nodded once and disappeared back into the bathroom, leaving behind riots of celebration.

<<∞>>

I fidgeted in my seat.

The movie part went well, I didn't need to speak to them or face them, but now, in the car, it was getting a little bit awkward. By that I meant, they were all loved up in the front seats, murmuring to each other while I stared out the window and tried to shut out what they said.

It's a shame I forgot to bring my earbuds.

I stared at the restaurant they'd chosen as we approached. It was a twenty minute walk home from here. I could do it, the sun was pretty much gone and I could see the moon, but the path home was well lit and safe. Silently, I began to plot my escape route. I was not staying for any longer than necessary.