Epilogue

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG!

[Warning:
I do not know how to epilogue. This might be bad. Also, I typed this on my iPod so... please point out typos.]

So... Welcome to the worst epilogue ever. I ended up rage quitting about halfway through.

EPILOGUE~

I was nervous. James was about to pick me up for our first date.

"Will you stop pacing?" Soraya asked, clamping her hands on my shoulders to hold me in place.

"I'm terrified Soraya. I'm absolutely terrified. Maybe I should call this off. Maybe–"

"Maybe you should shut up and paste a smile on. You'll be fine."

"But –"

"Celia, breathe! You will be okay. You will enjoy yourself," she assured me. "Jeez, was I this annoying on my first date with Kenny?"

I looked at her seriously. "You punched me so much my arm bruised."

She smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry?"

"Lies. Soraya? Sorry? No, no."

"I–"

The doorbell rang loudly, echoing throughout the house like some sort of harbinger of my damned fate tonight.

"Fudge! Soraya, do I look alright?" I hissed as we approached the door.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry. Just be a Celia Watson. Oh, and don't eat spaghetti."

"Do you think I'm stupid?" I asked, staring at her.

"Sometimes," Soraya replied without bothering to sugarcoat her words. "Oh and don't even bother asking where you're going or else..." She grinned and winked at me as she pulled open the door, shoving me behind her as she addressed James. "Welcome to my humble home. I see you'd like to take my daughter out on a date?" Soraya asked, deepening her voice ridiculously. Her voice cracked a few times because she was way out of her vocal range.

I nearly died of laughter as she tried to glare up at James intimidatingly. She was doing it all wrong though. Soraya just looked terrified of James. James could hardly contain his own laughter as he stared down at the shorter girl.

"Uhhhh, yes."

Soraya nodded thoughtfully, never once removing her intense glare from James. Despite his height advantage, I could see that James was beginning to twitch under the scrutiny. She made a bunch of thoughtful noises as she pretended to contemplate whether or not I should be allowed to go out.

"Jeez Soraya, don't worry," I groaned at last, grabbing her and dumping her behind the door. She let out a muffled shriek of pain and I snickered. "I'll be fine dad."

"Riiiiight," she drawled sarcastically, pulling herself up from slowly, "Bye daughter. Have her back by midnight!" she shouted as James led me away from the house.

He waved off our crazy friend, shouting a goodbye as he pulled me out of her sight line.

"So, I see you got all dressed up for me eh?" he asked, eyeing me up and down.