<4> Mixed Feelings.

It had been a week since the encounter with Calypso and Annabeth thought she was slowly dying from it.

Well she did see Calypso they just never talked and never made eye contact.

They would sit at lunch Calypso with the Demeter kids because of her love of plants.

But when Calypso took a break from talking and her friends would start she would always glance over at Percy.

That's why Annabeth was on edge.

She didn't like the way Calypso looked at Percy from afar.

But that usual didn't happen when Leo was around which comforted Annabeth just a bit.

Annabeth slid her headphones in and picked a song from her all time favorite movie.

Spirit Stallion Cimarron.

Yep, a cartoon but it was still pretty cool.

She pressed I Will Always Return from the Spirit album.

I hear the wind, call my name...

The sound that leads, me home again!

It sparks up the fire, a flame that still burns...

To you, I will always return...

I know the road is long, but where you are is home.

Wherever you stay, I'll find the way...

I'll run like the river, I'll follow the sun, I'll fly like an eagle, to where I belong...

Can't stand the distance!

I can't dream alone...

I can't wait to see you...

Yes, I'm on my way home...

Annabeth listened to the lyrics intently in visioning herself with Percy.

Finally together...

A girl could dream couldn't they.

She sighed and took out her headphones, for it was late at night when she was supposed to be sleeping.

Just when she set her headphones down and laid down in bed she heard a knock at the door.

She sighed and grabbed her notebook and pen before walking to the door and opening it.

She was surprised to be greeted my Leo.

"Hi." he said Annabeth noticing that he had grown just an inch taller.

Maybe more.

If she could just measure him...

Annabeth nodded and wrote what she was thinking.

Leo took it and read in a whisper "why are you awake, you could be eaten by harpies."

"I just need to talk."

Apparently everyone wanted to talk to Annabeth lately. The only girl who couldn't reply.

Maybe that's why they wanted to talk to her.

She nodded again sighing before stepping out of the Athena cabin and sitting on the steps with Leo.

"Did, did you get agitated when Calypso kissed Percy?" he asked and Annabeth sighed before nodding.

"I was just so angry to see her run to him instead of me..." Leo trailed off.

Annabeth wanted to say something different.

She wanted to say she wondered why Percy didn't shove her off that instant.

But Percy was single.

He was allowed to kiss other girls...

Sadly...

Without thinking Annabeth leaned into Leo resting her head on his shoulder.

He got stiff at first at the movement but slowly eased into the position.

Leo sighed and wrapped an arm around Annabeth's waist.

"Misery loves company."

Leo's words rang true in Annabeth's ears.

And probably every other persons ears in the world.

"I'm glad we can understand each other." Leo kept talking.

"It'd be to torture to be the only one suffering with this problem." Annabeth nodded before writing more down on her notepad.

"Is it really that obvious that I like Percy?" Leo questioned reading the notebook.

Annabeth nodded confirming he was right and Leo sighed.

"Yes, did you not want people to know?"

Annabeth glared and playfully slapped his arm making him chuckle.

"Well, it's late. We should probably head to bed." Leo said and Annabeth nodded.

But she wrote down one more thing before ripping it out of her notebook and handing it to Leo.

"Thanks for always being there Leo." this note Leo read confidently a smile on his face.

"You're welcome Annabeth." Leo said "meet again?" he asked and Annabeth nodded before Leo smiled and ran to his cabin to avoid getting eaten.

Annabeth sighed. . .

Maybe she did like Leo a little bit. . .

<~•~•~>

I can't wait for feedback on this chapter.

*smirks evilly while rubbing hands together*

Silent readers DON'T be silent!
Go CRAZY in the comment section!

Vote🌊📚
.
.
.
Comment💙
.
.
.
Share📚🌊