<8> I Am A Damsel. And I'm In Distress.

The first thing she had packed was headphones.

Headphones were necessary.

Then the usual clothes and whatnot. You know, stuff girls needed.

She had her suitcase ready to go find the Kanes.

"Ok! I'm ready!" Elijah said early in the morning almost bouncing off the walls with excitement.

He really wanted to meet a magician.

Annabeth rolled her eyes before she saw Percy walking to their cabin a smile on his face and a suitcase in his hand.

"Ready." he said and Elijah nodded.

"Now letsa go!" Elijah said in a Mario voice.

Annabeth grabbed the back of his collar and jerked him back.

Then she started heading to the big-house pulling him with her as they told Chiron where they were going Percy following her.

They got inside and Percy informed Chiron that they were leaving.

Chiron nodded and sent them off.

So Percy had his car ready and they all hopped in before driving to New York.

"Where do you'll think we'll find them?" Elijah said from the backseat.

"Probably at a famous Egyptian monument." Percy shrugged and Annabeth nodded.

"Like the Rosetta Stone?" Elijah questioned.

"Yeah, just like that." Percy replied and Elijah's smile grew even wider.

Then he sat back in his seat and sighed dreamily.

Annabeth grabbed her headphones and put them in before gazing out the window her music playing.

Everything was so beautiful. But Annabeth still didn't understand why they held animals and trees lives higher than people's.

They'd rather save a lion from being killed than prevent a baby from being aborted.

It was a sick cruel world. And Annabeth had no idea what to do about it.

When they drove into the Egyptian side of New York Annabeth could feel the change.

Magic swirling all around her as if she were in a dream.

She couldn't see it though. It was just a feeling.

Then Annabeth remembered Sadie told her her true name that meant Annabeth could control Sadie whenever she pleased.

That means she could signal Sadie and tell her to come-

"Watch out!" Elijah yelled and the car swerved out of the road.

It hit the side of a brick building and stopped.

Annabeth turned off her music and looked around.

"Whoa." Percy breathed.

Just as Annabeth's heart rate started to return to normal she saw what made them swerve out of the road.

Let's just say her heart rate sped back up.

"Maybe if we don't move it won't see us." Elijah ventured not looking at the cyclops.

"Yeah, good thinking E." Percy whispered.

Not good thinking! Annabeth wanted to scream.

She already saw that the monster could smell them and see them.