4. Unfortunate Encounter

Song of the chapter// Burn by Ellie Goulding.

Abigail Devon's POV..

I entered the classroom just in time before the final bell went off and scanned the whole classroom to search for any empty seats. I groaned when I realized that the front row was already taken just then I saw Selena waving her hands to me and patted the seat next to her. I smiled and gladly took a seat beside her.

"I am sorry I couldn't manage the seat in front row. Jed told me that you only like sitting at front." Selena said giving an apologetic smile.

"That's ok. I am glad that we didn't have to sit at the last. Second row is good enough than the last." I reassured her.

"Last row is not bad at all." I heard someone's voice that was clearly directed to me. I turned around and groaned when I took in the voice of the person. Ocean blue eyes were looking expectantly at me.

"Are you eavesdropping?" I asked, acidly.

"What will you do if I say yes?" he said, propping his elbows up in the bench and resting his chin over his hand.

"You know what I am not someone who wastes their time talking to unnecessary people." I retorted, turning back to the front. I heard him clear his throat probably coming back with a smart retort but before he could say anything a middle aged woman whom I assumed to be our Home EC., teacher entered the class. Instantly all the noises came to a halt as everyone focused on the teacher standing before us.

She kept her notebook, marker and some other things she brought onto the table before looking around the classroom with her penetrating gaze.

"Hello." She cleared her throat as she pushed back her glasses. "I am Anna Jones. You can call me Ms. Jones and I will be teaching you Home Ec., this semester. Before proceeding with your course I would like to tell you that although this is the easiest subject I won't be tolerating any kind of misbehavior in my class. Every week we will learn to make different kinds of dishes and this will be a pair work. Since it's the first day so you can just choose whoever you want but I will soon inform you about your respective partner on our next class. Is that clear?" She asked, once she finished her long lecture.

The whole class fell into a pin drop silence, every one watching at her expectantly if there was anything she would add perhaps if she'd forgotten.

"Ok, if you understood what I said then I will like to start your class. Anyway, this is the plan for this semester I am going to distribute. I would like you to read it carefully. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask." She said and started distributing the papers.

As she approached near my bench I heard a sound of someone tapping a pen on the bench. It was getting really annoying because I knew who was doing that. Maybe that's why I was getting more infuriated than necessary.

When I had had enough I turned around to glare at the annoying jerk who was sitting behind me. Out of all the benches in the whole class why did he have to choose this seat or why did Selena have to choose this table. This guy was really irritating and with each growing second my assumption on this guy was getting stronger and stronger.

"Stop doing that." I hissed without preamble which might have startled him as he shrieked and nearly dropped the pen he was tapping in the bench.

He regained his composure after a second and looked at me somewhat annoyingly as he pursed his lips at me. "What am I doing?" he asked flatly.

"Don't act as if you don't know what I am talking about." I seethed, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Oh!" he drawled, his ocean blue eyes twinkling by the sun rays passing into the room through the window. "You mean this," he said tapping onto the bench again and to annoy me more he did it more loudly this time. Could he be anymore exasperating?