15. Payment time

Song of the chapter//  Sorry, Not sorry by Mayday Parade

Abigail Devon's POV....

I flicked my gaze between the two confused cum shocked cum nervous cum appalled guys that were standing before me with their hands clasped tightly as they nervously held my curious slash angry gaze. What in the god's name are these guys up to?

From what Julie had told me about the guy working in her shop was that he was poor and looked like he was in real need of money but from what I know of Chris – he really doesn't fall in 'poor' category. And from what I recall on my last visit to his house, he lives in a freaking mansion.

So, why in the world was he dressed up like a broke guy and working for Julie for some few dollars? Numerous questions flooded my mind whose answers I could get from only these two idiots.

"Oh! So, you two know each other?" Julie's voice broke through my chains of thoughts and I snapped my head to look at her. Her eyes kept flipping between me and Eugene. Before I could even open my mouth, Eugene stepped in again, increasing the urge in me to beat him silly.

"Of course, we know each other. We go to same school in fact we have few of our classes together and we also happen to be partners in Home Ec. practical."

"Wow! That's looks interesting. So, you are the one that almost burnt the whole college on your first practical class?" Julie spoke without preamble and my cheeks burned with mortification. I nudged her with my elbow and glared at her when she looked at me.

She gave me a sheepish smile when the realization dawned upon her. Given the fact that Julie and I are really close, I share each and every thing with her so I told her about that little incident as well. Never in my dreams had I thought she would blurt that out aloud in front of him so casually.

I wouldn't have cared before but after all these mixed up emotions and the toe curling kiss we shared a few weeks back, things are still a tad bit awkward between us. And now that she'd blurted that out, he obviously knows that I talked about him with Julie and I am sure he will boast.....

"Oh! So, she talks about me, huh? That sounds good." Eugene said with a smug smile. What did I tell you?

"You don't have to be so smug about that. I just told her how much of an annoying person you are in this whole universe."

He raised his brows in amusement, his lips quirked up in the corner. "Really, now?" From the corner of my eyes, I could see Julie's amused face and Chris's tensed face lingering on us but right now I didn't care about them as my all attention was fixed on this annoying guy who seemed to have permanently resided on my head.

"Really, now." I repeated his words, folding my hands on my chest, giving him a challenging look. He held my gaze with same fire and intensity that my insides started to burn but my pride was too big to let it show on my face.

After a minute more of staring competition, he grinned and shoved his hands inside his blue jeans that hung low on his hips. "Common Squid head, I know you a lot better. I am pretty sure you told her how hot I am and how much you crave to be with me, am I right?" he finished with a suggestive wink.

I scoffed and laughed mockingly. "You are delusional."

"And you are stubborn. Why don't you just admit that you like me a lot much than you pretend squid head?" The hidden message under that line wasn't unnoticed by me but I won't let him know that especially now when I was so much pissed at him.

"First of all, I don't like you and secondly I am not squid head. How many times do I have to tell you to not call me that until it finally settles in your egotistical head?"