23. Crazy Thanksgiving!

Song of the chapter// Smile by Mikky Ekko

Abigail Devon's POV....

"This smells delicious." I said smelling the turkey I just finished cooking.

"I agree." Eugene stated eyeing the dish hungrily. "Can I try it?"

"No." I said quickly and took the dish away from him. "We are going to wait for Jed and Selena. I wonder what's taking them so long?"

"What do you think? I just hope they didn't do anything dirty on my bed. I will probably kill them if they did anything kinky...."

"Stop! You are gross." I stated scrunching my face at the horrid images of my two best friends going all kinky at someone else's house. Ew.

"I am just stating the fact." He shrugged casually and came to stand beside me. "What else are you cooking?" he asked peering down at the bowl where I was whisking egg.

"Chocolate cookies."

The twinkle in his eyes managed to glow my heart like a glowing lamp, so I had to turn away my face before the traitorous blush could make its appearance for no apparent reason.

"Like the one we baked for our first practical?"

"Yea, and the one you burned." I teased earning a scowl from him. I know it's been long gone but I just couldn't help myself from teasing him. It's so much fun to see that annoyed expression etched all over his face.

"You won't let that go ever, will you?" he asked peeved, rolling his eyes in pure annoyance.

"Nope." I shook my head popping the word 'p'. I playfully winked at him and looked around the huge kitchen for some flour. "Can you get me some flour?"

"Um," he started scratching the back of his neck sheepishly as he looked around the kitchen like he was seeing it for the first time. "I don't know exactly where it is but I will find it, don't worry." He added the last part quickly when he noticed the glare I was sending at his direction.

"Hurry." I ordered before reaching forward to the fridge to get some milk and butter. Just as I grabbed the two ingredients and returned to where I was working earlier I heard a loud thud erupt behind me. I jumped a foot in the air and turned around to see what caused the sudden chaos but I immediately burst into hysterics by the sight in front of me.

OH, MY GOD!

I clutched my hand tightly over my stomach as I doubled over laughing so hard that my stomach ached from the attempt. Eugene was sprawled down on the floor with a huge container of white flour dumped all over him. If it was a cartoon you would only see his eyes and nothing else.

He was literally covered in flour from head to toe, his once brown hair was now white like he aged overnight and his clothes were coated in flour as well. And, the look in his face.....that. was. hilarious. He looked like someone who just got electrocuted by a thousand volt.

"It isn't funny." He bellowed, shaking his head violently to dust off the flour off his head but it only made me laugh even more because when he spoke the flour spit out of his mouth.

"Yes – it – is." I said each word in between laughs. God, this was just amazing. At that, an idea popped into my head and I retrieved my phone from my jeans pocket and quickly unlocking it I touched the camera option. I glanced at Eugene and called his name. He raised his head in annoyance at me and before he could think what I was doing I snapped a shot of his annoyed with a touch of shock face.