8. It's time to run.

Song of the chapter// Wildest moments by Jessie Ware

Abigail Devon's POV..

Monday morning, exactly after nine days Miss. Jones paired us, I was walking through the familiar corridor of my school building that leads to the class I really am not looking forward to attend – Home Ec. Usually I was always ready for any of my classes since I was a kid but ever since the unfortunate Eugene Hansen had – sort of – entered my life, things has been starting to change..... like I am always fuming or frowning whenever he's around me and I always find myself cursing at him even when he's not around.

I swear I was never such a person, you know like those who always get angry in small things and looks pissed off. Though my life has been pretty messed up ever since my parents died in that terrible car accident that I dare to think about – I still had always managed to control my temper and behavior around people.

But, with Eugene.....I always fail following the trend I had been following ever since then and I wonder why? How can he just manage to piss me off by speaking just so much of a single word? How can he manage to get inside my head so easily when no one else has succeeded till now? I don't know if I even want the answer to these questions that's been arising in my mind lately.

I turned a corner and stopped before an open door to my Home Ec. class. I breathed in a sigh of relief when I saw that no one has come to the class yet.

I am sure Ms. Jones is still mad at us and if it has subsided by even just a 0.00001% , it would ignite thrice if she sees me or that jerk again. I told her multiple times that it wasn't my fault and whatever happened was all because of that A-class douche Eugene, but she remained adamant to what she thought which was apparently that she thought I was involved as well.

Well, we were paired for the Home. Ec., last Wednesday and given my bad luck I was paired with the synonym of devil – Eugene. Ms. Jones assigned us to make a chocolate cookie which was really simple from what I think. For the most part I successfully managed to ignore Eugene's snarky comments about this and that as he was sulking about getting his hands dirty and all other craps. Just a mere sound of his voice was enough to send me off the very edge of my anger.

After I had had enough of his tantrums, I shut him up by saying that I would do the work and all he needed to do was shut his mouth up for the rest of the class. He agreed much to my relief and I started baking the cookies.

I would rather do all the work by myself rather than hearing his annoying voice. But, as I was mixing the chocolate powder, Ms. Jones walked in on us and furrowed her eyebrows as she scrutinized us with her penetrating gaze. I nervously looked at her and when I saw her looking past me to Eugene, I followed the direction and saw him casually leaning against the kitchen counter typing away in his phone.

"What do you think you're doing, Eugene? I thought I told you to bake cookies and not phone?" Ms. Jones stated, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Eugene looked up from whatever he's doing in his phone, glaring coldly at her. His iris was dark like a storm had started in his ocean blue eyes and his face held an emotion that I quiet didn't decipher.

"For a teacher you must've known that you can't bake phones." He retorted, his voice laced with venom as he kept his cold gaze fixed on her face. I flicked my gaze back and forth between Ms. Jones and Eugene for what seemed like hour when I heard her clear her throat.

"The practical requires the involvement of both the partners..." she started looking at me and Eugene, "....and I won't accept your work if only one person is doing all the work because the marks that you obtain from this practical will be given to both of you. Either you both get the marks you deserve or you both fail. Now, I am sure you don't want that, do you?" She said, burning us with her flaming gaze. "I want you two to work together, that's the whole point of being paired in the first place and hurry up because you have just thirty minutes left." She announced before sauntering away from us.