27. The best gift

Song of the chapter//  Beating Heart by Ellie Goulding

Abigail Devon's POV......

Had you ever had that feeling when you were in a person's arm and all you felt was him and you and nothing else?

Well, that's what I was feeling right then. Wrapped around Eugene's arm I snaked my hand around his neck, pulling him closer than he already was if that's even possible as he deepened the kiss. I was feeling like I was in some sort of heaven where no one existed except me and Eugene.

The happiness in his eyes when I finally said those words was clearly visible in his ocean blue eyes and I had never seen him this happy in these past months I have met him.

If someone had told me all these months ago that one day I would be in this boy's arm, kissing him after being completely in love with him I would have laughed my ass off at the person. But, now I couldn't think of anything else but being in the safe contentment of his arms. I never knew being in love could make you this happy. I guess, it was worth risk after all.

After what seemed like eternity, we finally pulled away but he rested his forehead against mine, our breaths mingled with each other's as we gasped for air. "That was the best kiss I have ever had in my life." He whispered, his breath tickling the skin on my face.

I smiled. "I could say the same except you are the only guy I have ever kissed." I admitted.

If I thought he could make me melt with his smile before then that's nothing compared to the smile he was giving me right now. I think I would die of stroke because he will surely stop the blood circulation in my body if he kept on gazing at me with that look and smile on his face.

What a stupid cause would it be? Death of reason: Eugene's breathtaking smile.

He stroked my cheek softly before cupping it firmly, tilting my head up so that I was once again gazing at his beautiful eyes. "Well, I plan on keeping it that way." He whispered ever so softly and kissed the top of my head sending shivers down my spine before burying his head on my hair. "I love you."

"I love you too." I murmured wrapping my arms around his waist. "Eugene, I think we should head back. Everyone is waiting for us."

He pulled away slightly but didn't let go of me completely. "Do you really want to head back?" he asked, tucking a stray hair behind my ear.

"Um, I think I like it better this way." I murmured biting my lip.

"For the first time we agree on same thing without having any argument."

"What if they get worried?"

"Let them worry, then." He said, playing with my hair.

"Eugene!" I said. "I don't know about you but if Jed finds out I am not inside I am sure he will call search party for me."

"Talking about Jed, when you will tell him about us?"

I bit my lip, his question catching me off guard because I didn't know the answer to that question. "Honestly, I haven't thought about it yet."

He furrowed his brows together. "What do you mean you haven't thought about it?"

"All this week I have been busy contemplating what my answer should be that I didn't think about how am I going to tell Jed about us and now that I think about it I am afraid how Jed will take the news given the fact that he hates your gut."