7. Squid head...?

Song of the chapter// Turn Around by Bruno Mars

Abigail Devon's POV..

Breathe Abigail, breathe.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Releasing a deep sigh, I poked my head inside the café. When I saw that the area was clear, I stepped in. I really needed to think of a good and believable reason to tell boss that why I couldn't deliver the pizzas.

That stupid, stupid, Jerk. Not only he ruined the pizzas but he also made me late and almost killed me by driving the scooter in that speed. And now I would have to deal with the consequences. What in the world will I tell boss? What if he fired me? No, No, No, I really can't lose this job.

"Abigail!"

I stiffened in my place when I heard my name. "Y – yes, boss." I stuttered, sweat forming in my palms.

"Where were you?" he asked, striding towards me.

I gulped.

Fear crawled inside my veins through the skin and even though the temperature was low, I started to sweat.

How am I going to explain him? What if he already knows? Oh, my god! What if the customer called him and told him the pizza never delivered?

 "I – I am so sorry boss. I can explain." I said getting all panicked. "I didn't do it purposely, it's just that this ...."

"Abigail," he cut me off before I could've said anything else. "Whatever you have to say can wait but this order can't wait. It's the biggest order we've received till date and it's all because of you." He states matter-of-factly, looking at me proudly.

I looked at him dumbfounded all confused. Exactly what was he talking about? How did I help him getting the biggest order till date when from past one hour I was with that idiot psychopath?

"Wait, what're you talking about? I can't understand." I queried, perplexed.

"Oh, look at you, acting all innocent, are we? This person has ordered a hell lot of pizzas and has specifically mentioned you to deliver it."

"What? Who? Are you sure the person mentioned my name? You must have misheard." I protested, trying to digest the news.

"Well, he might not have mentioned your name to be said exactly." Boss said as I gave him my I-told-you-so look before he continued. "But, he emailed us your picture on our website and then called us again to say that he wants this girl to deliver the pizzas in this address. Now, hurry." He ordered in his authoritative voice, handing me the little piece of paper that held the address.

I stared down at the paper, thousands of questions swimming in my mind but the most important question was – Who was this person and how does he know me? I guess all the answers to my questions are in this address.

I jumped out of the van our café owned and looked at the building that stood before me. It was a twenty story building, all curved glass and steel. I shifted all the pizzas in a trolley and went inside the building. The people I passed through did a double take at the amount of pizzas I was taking. It was kind of embarrassing, if you ask me. I entered the elevator and pressed the floor number which was fifteen. When the door opened, I was welcomed by a large lobby. I went straight to a girl who I was sure was the receptionist.

"Excuse me, I am here to deliver these pizzas." I stated, politely with a small smile.

The receptionist looked at the pizzas in the trolley and arched an eyebrow in surprise. "Just a moment please, Miss..."