6. Hey, Frowny!

Song of the chapter// Unexpectedly by Jason Chen.

Abigail Devon's POV..

I was running through the familiar streets, trying to manage the bag and the white lily on my other hand. I entered the huge building which we call as hospital. Every time I visited this place I always felt queasy and my stomach churns painfully. I had never liked hospital in the first place so maybe that's why..... and after the accident of my parents it's really hard for me to visit but still I need to come here every week because I miss my brother.

"Hello, Ms. Abigail." An old nurse said affectionately looking at me.

"Hi! How are you?" I asked returning the smile.

"I am fine, my child. Go ahead, he must've missed you."

"I wish he would say that to me himself." I sighed.

"One day for sure, my child."

"One day." I said making my way towards a room. I opened the door to the room and entered. In the middle of the room lay my brother lifeless surrounded by machines. A heavy lump started forming in my lungs as tear filled my eyes. I kept the white lilies beside his bed and sat down beside him.

"Hey, Rob, how you doing?" I said to him though I know he couldn't hear or answer me but I know one day he would hear me and answer me. "You know you missed my birthday again that was two days ago. And I am warning you this should be the last birthday you missed because I want you beside me on my next birthday so you better wake up by that time otherwise I will kick your ass until you jump out of this bed. Got it?" I warned with my shaky voice as a single tear rolled down my eyes.

"I miss you Rob and I need you. Come back please. I am alone here and you know how much I hate being alone. Please, come back." I kissed on top of his head and wiped the tears from my eyes. I stood up and after looking at his sleeping face for a last minute I made my way out of the room.

****

I ran through the corridors to get to my class: Home Ec., because I was already late and I knew I had to face Ms. Jones wrath for sure. I took a deep breath before poking inside the class to see what was happening. Ms. Jones was writing something on the whiteboard and the class was pin drop silent. Inhaling a long breath I exhaled it slowly and called out loud. "Excuse me Miss." Everyone's head turned towards the door where I was standing including Ms. Jones.

"I see you have a watch on your left hand. I wonder why you couldn't use it properly." Ms. Jones remarked, analyzing me from head to toe with her penetrating gaze.

"Um, I am sorry Ms. Jones. I had some place really important to visit. That's why. I promise it won't happen again. Please."

She looked at me a minute long studying my face probably checking if I was telling the truth or not before nodding her head in satisfaction. "Ok. Last chance but don't make it a habit." She said in her warning voice before turning back to what she was doing. I exhaled being relieved and scanned the whole classroom. After a minute I saw a smiling face looking at me and I made my way towards her.

"Hey." I whispered, standing beside her.

"Hey, you managed to save your ass, girl. Lucky, huh?" Selena whispered back, smiling.

"I think so." I whispered. "So, what are we doing today?"

"Hamburger." She replied, smiling. I shook my head, looking down at the ingredients and the instruction papers when I felt something on my shoulder. I peered down and saw a white thing between my hair and blazer. I took it out and it was a folded paper clearing indicating a message. I turned back and was greeted by a pair of ocean blue eyes grinning widely at me while he gestured to the paper in my hand with his eyes. I frowned and turning to the front I opened the paper.