11. I am sorry

A/N - Sorry for the delay. I had some internet problem, that's why. anyway, enjoy the read.

Song of the chapter// Apologize by One republic

Eugene Hansen's POV..

It had been a week since I last talked with Abigail. Turns out she is too difficult to ask for forgiveness than I had thought it would be. I tried everything I could to talk to her but I always ended up saying nothing. Either she avoids me or pretends I don't even exist and the one time I finally managed to corner her, the words never came out from me. The thing i couldn't understand is that how can be it so hard to say a freaking five letter words "SORRY'. It's just a freaking word.

"What's with the sullen face?" Selena inquired, flopping onto the chair beside me, joining me in the lunch.

"Nothing." I replied, taking a bite of my sandwich. "So, where's your friend Abigail?" I asked when I realized she's not in the canteen with her. Usually, Selena, Abigail and Jed are always together for lunch. They are like inseparable. I wonder why they aren't together today.

"Oh, apparently she and Jed has some assignment to submit on a lame topic like human welfare or whatever on English which they have been discussing since last two days which is why I am here alone." She finished with a huff.

"I don't understand what's so interesting about this essay that they'd got so whipped up they even ditched lunch for it." She exclaimed with a roll of her eyes rather dramatically, a clear indication that she's annoyed.

"Are you angry about them ditching lunch or are you angry because they ditched you?" I arched an eyebrow at her expectantly, giving her a knowing smile.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing, I just felt like I smelt jealousy."

"What?" she scoffed. "Why would I be jealous?"

"I don't know. You tell me."

She stared at me for a moment like I just grew three head before laughing like a maniac. "You seriously think I am jealous of my two friends spending some time together. If you are then I think you need some help with that small head of yours because that's insane."

I chuckled. She is really cocky when she is annoyed. "No, I am not saying you are jealous because your two friends are spending time without you. What I am trying to say is that you are jealous because Jed is spending time with a girl who is not you." I pointed out, propping my hands on the table to gauge her reaction. By the look on her face, she was completely off guard.

"What? Did you even seriously say that or is my mind playing games with me?" She exclaimed, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Monitoring your reaction, I guess I just said it."

"Common, Eugene! What the hell are you even trying to say?" she huffed, irritated.

"You know what I am trying to say or you are just pretending that you don't know what I am saying because you are in denial." I explained, examining her reaction more closely.

"I am not in denial, ok? And why in the world will I be in denial?" she argued, furrowing her eyes.

"Because you are in love with Jed but you don't want to admit it because you think that he will break your heart like your ex-boyfriend." I informed her, matter-of-factly. I could tell she was completely at loss of words as she opened and closed her mouth like a gold fish but no words came out before she finally shook her head.

"You are delusional. I am not in love with Jed. He is just my friend." She said, indignantly, the way she was saying it indicated that she was getting annoyed.