29. Perfect date.....Not?

Song of the chapter//  Don't you remember by Adele

Abigail Devon's POV....

"Are we there?"

 "No but we will be there soon."

"You said that, fifteen minutes ago." I huffed.

"Ok, then we will be there soon-er." He quipped, knowing all too well that it will just fuel my irritation.

"You are impossible. Why don't you just tell me where we are going?"

"Impatient much?" he said in an amused voice and I could feel him trying to suppress his laughter.

"Yes, I am and I am sure you would be too if I had blindfolded you and drove for almost an...what....hour?" I said well aware of the sarcasm that laced my voice.

"Ok, ok, you won't have to be blind for any longer because we just.....reached." he informed just when the car came to a halt. I waited anxiously for him to open the blindfold but I heard a click sound and minutes later, I found his presence gone.

Before I could open my mouth to ask where he was, the door to my side opened and I felt his warm hand clasped over mine.

"Let's go." He stated, holding onto my hand as I came out of the car. He guided me along the path, keeping his one hand firmly on the small of my back while with the other one held my hand tightly. As we walked forward, I felt something soft akin to sand under my feet, I heard the sound of water splashing heavily and I could also smell the beach......Whoa, wait beach!

"We are on beach?" I exclaimed with disbelief.

Eugene groaned beside me. "God, why do you have to be so smart?"

"Does that mean I am right?"

"Well, technically yes but......." He stopped halting me in the process and I felt him behind me in a second, untying the blindfold. "...the real surprise still awaits." he whispered huskily, finally taking out the black fabric off my eyes. I squinted my eyes together until the vision was clear before me.

As soon as my eyes adjusted to the surrounding, my jaw dropped down to the ground with shock and surprise as I took in the sight before me. From where we stood, I could see the clear view of sunset, which was just marvelous.

The sea was basking under the dim light of sun, making it look breathtaking. When I was able to take off my eyes from the sunset, I scanned the area and saw a beautiful set up for two a few meter away from us. There was a small round table with two adjacent chairs, surrounded by white curtains from every side.

Four temporary pillars decorated by white roses were stood at each four different sides, making it look like a small room. And, the most beautiful part of the set up was the candles that were lit and placed at each corners of the area.

Then, my eyes shifted down to the sand, where a small path of rose petals was waiting for me, with candles on each side. I literally forgot to breath.

"E – Eugene, this – this is just breathtaking." I said, shifting my eyes to look at Eugene who was grinning from ear to ear like a Chesire cat. "You did all this for me?"

He frowned. "No, I did all this for Rebecca."

Then, it was my turn to frown even though the smile never left my face. "Do you really have to bring her up and ruin the mood?"

He grinned. "Jealous?"

"Yea, I am." I admitted, shamelessly to which he was taken off guard. "She loves you and no one get to love you except for me. You are mine and only mine." I claimed, holding his hand.