25. What do I do?

Song of the chapter// Over and over again by Nathan Sykes

Abigail Devon's POV....

After seeing my brother at the hospital and shedding a few drops of tears, I exited the hospital. I was walking to the near bus station when my phone went off. Retrieving it from the front pocket of my jeans, I saw Jed's names flashed through the screen.

"Hey, Jed!" I greeted answering the call. "Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas, Abbie. Where are you right now?"

"I just came out of the hospital and walking to the bus station. Why?"

"That's good. Then take the bus and come to my place. Dad wants to make an announcement and he wants you to be here."

"What kind of announcement exactly?" I asked, stopping at the bus station and waited.

"I don't know. He is not telling me and he won't until you get here. He wants everybody close to him to be present when he makes the announcement. So, hurry up and come soon."

"Ok, ok. I am just getting inside the bus." I said as a bus stopped before me and I hopped in and took a window seat. "I will be there in twenty minutes."

"Ok. See ya."

"Bye." I cut the call. Exactly after twenty two minutes (Yes, I watched the time) I stood before Jed's doorstep and rang the bell as I rubbed my palms together to get some life into them. Jesus, its freaking cold and looking at the weather I was sure it's going to snow any time soon. And, again I forgot to bring my gloves with me. Perfect!

"Whoa, you look cold." Jed mused when he opened the door and analyzed me from head to toe with an amused smile.

"Congrats, you discovered the eighth wonder of the world." I replied irritated as I walked past him, shivering and straight went to the fireplace that was lit in the living room. Inever understood the reason why Jeremy loved sitting in front of the fire in winter despite the heater installed in the home. But, right now I was not complaining because the fire was seeping some life back in my hand.

"Looks like somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Jed chuckled coming to sit beside me.

"Jed, I am cold and you should know better than to mess with me when I am cold and irritated."

"What can I do? It's fun to tease you." he replied cheekily as he ruffled my hair.

"Hot chocolate at your service." A familiar voice cut through our little fight and I looked up to see Angela coming out of the kitchen with four cup of hot chocolate with her. I smiled as a greeting and my smile broadened when I saw Selena coming after her, holding her cup of hot chocolate in her hand.

"Selena! I didn't know you were here. Merry Christmas!" I cheered and stood up to give her a warm hug.

"Merry Christmas!" She replied, smiling. I turned to look back at Angela and gave her a hug as well as I wished her 'Merry Christmas'.

"So, you told Jeremy about her, huh?" I said, raising a brow as I flashed a teasing smile at Jed.

"I didn't but dad was smart enough to figure out himself." He replied with a sheepish smile. I laughed.

"So, where is the man of honor?" I asked looking around the house for Jeremy. "I am dying to hear the announcement for which he called all of us."

"He is upstairs in his room. He must be coming any time soon." Angela chirped, taking a sip of her hot chocolate. I nodded, sipping my own hot chocolate and moaned when the hot liquid travelled through my throat.