Chapter 15: Alex

-Alex-

I layed in bed awake. I needed to clear my head. Ophy pops up into my life again, the guy that killed me! They expect me to trust him with my little freaking sister. I got my life back that should be enough, but that's the problem. It's not enough because I really didn't. The rest of them still treat me like I'm 16. They don't acknowledge that I am Andy just a little different. I'm still the same guy. I did change there for a little while but I'm back. I am him, He is me. I doubt anyone is awake yet but they'll be waking up soon. Should I get some sleep. Nope too late for that. I tossed my feet onto the carpeted floor. I put a shirt on and went down stairs. Virgo was already making breakfast. I got a monster out of the fridge.I cracked the lid listening to the satisfying pop. I need to get my head off of literally everything. How in the hell do I do that though. I'm too stressed to even prank with Lilly. I bet anybody could beat me with my own sword right now. I don't even know why, I guess I wanna be the same guy I was but I'm not. That kinda goes back on everything I've been saying, but I am different now. The human race has this bad habit to hate and fear change even if it is for the better. That's why in school the popular people were almost carbon copies of each other. That's because they had the numbers and they'd pick out the little feeble different people because they're weird and as I mentioned, different. They're afraid these weird different people will get their numbers and become popular and liked and have all the friends. They don't want that to happen so they torment the oddballs so that nobody will ever want to stand out. Then there's the oddballs that the populars really fear because they know this weirdo isn't afraid to hurt them. Even if the weirdo would hurt themselves more they'd still put up a fight. The poplars don't want that so they make sure nobody wants to be a weirdo so they don't need to worry about being overpowered and outnumbered. That is why they are in a downward spiral into chaos. People don't realize because nobody wanted to be different, and if you wanted to fit in you had to stop caring about anything other than what going on then and there in that moment. Ares can be like that sometimes. Just not think about anything hell we're all like that sometimes. I try to rewire my system and make myself think about things before I do it though. I've tried anyway I still get irrational when I'm mad I still get impulsive, and that will never change. I am the dangerous weirdo that would win.I went into the laundry room and leaned on the wall.It opened just like a door. In fat I think it was a door. It lead to a set of stairs. I stepped in and the door closed behind my back with a horrifying click. I went down the dark ominous stairs as if they were gonna tell me something. I got to the bottom of the steps and looked for a light. It was pitch black. You might think I'm talking about when your in your room at night. There was no lights pouring out from any of the cracks under the door. There weren't any windows for the luminescent moonlight to shine through like a warm glow of hope. There weren't any lights down here either. I couldn't see my own hand two inches away from me. I gripped the hilt of my sword, I know there's nothing down here but I gotta look around. Or listen and feel around. Wait I stopped in my tracks I have a flame sword. I'm complaining about how dark and scary it is down here and yet I have this stick of fire. I pulled it off and it caught on fire in an instant. I looked around the whole place was concrete. There was an iron chair in the middle of the room with leather restraints. There was a wooden chest in the corner there were reddish -black stains all over the floor. I wanted to think of something else it could possibly be but couldn't. That was blood. There was blood all over the floor and a little bit on the walls. I slowly went over toward the chest. I had a feeling I knew what was gonna be in it but I gotta be sure. I mean what kind of a leader would I be if I didn't? I got to the chest and opened it's iron bindings. I slowly opened it up with a loud screech. It wasn't what I thought. It was full of handwritten papers. I closed the chest and went beside the chair. The only thing I saw was a small drain directly under it. There was something stuck in the small holes of the drain. It was white it was shaped like a... rectangle maybe. I grabbed the piece of whatever it was it looked like a phalange. Why is there a freaking skinless finger bone in the freaking drain. I rushed over to the chest of papers I slid and sat down in the corner next to the chest. I dug through the chest and read almost 20 of the papers they seemed like letters to someone who was either himself or someone dead. They were all really depressing. They all said how tormented he was by society. He was rejected by everyone. He had nothing other than money. That explains the how no wonder this guy's dead. If I lived his life I wouldn't know weather to find a way to end the world or kill myself which would end the world from your own perspective. I read about 90 more before I literally couldn't keep my eyes open. I turned my sword back into a necklace and being far too tired to even stand up I went to sleep in the corner. I've been down here for at least 16 hours. I doubt anyone really noticed though. Just as that thought went through my mind. The silent curse of sleep took it's tole on me.