Chapter 10

Just a tiny warning: Mikaeel has nothing on Is'haaq when it comes to having a filthy mouth.

Also, this chapter is mainly dialogue. Sorry about that.

"Hey."

"Ya." Mikaeel looked up from his phone to see Imtiyaaz skulking into the lounge in the hopes that no one would know he was there.

"Howsit?"

"Good." He always hated when Imtiyaaz tried the small talk route.

"So, they changed their banking details..." He sat down cautiously across from his brother. Mickey never did take well to helping people and adding a further inconvenience to said help did not bode well for him.

"When?" He sat his phone down, looking annoyed.

"From next month." He starting picking out the threads of his pants- a habit he kept hidden from Nooreen.

"Fine. Text it to me." Mikaeel stood up and walked away. There was only so much of Imti's bullshit that he could handle.

That went well.

Imtiyaaz leaned back against the couch and closed his eyes. It was nice being away from Nooreen sometimes. He could actually catch a nap without her whining in his ears about... 

Something, something, something, whatever it was.

"Mikaeel, come in here for a second." His mother's voice stopped him just as he was about to make his getaway.

"Yes?" He asked, following her voice to the kitchen.

"Just reach up and get that container for me." She pointed at a little square container on the topmost shelf of the cupboard.

She did not call him back to reach for a container.

"This one?" He asked as he handed it to her.

"Ya. Thank you." She looked up at him, her face pinched with annoyance.

"Anything else?" He prepared himself, knowing she was about to shoot her head off about something.

"Yes, actually." She looked around as if someone would jump out at them at any second. "Hoori is coming home on Monday. Enough of this shit."

"She can't come home Mum." He lowered his voice, knowing full well that Ilhaam was in the next room.

"My sisters think you're cheating on her and that you're separated." She all but growled out.

"What?" Were they fucking crazy? "Why the hell would they think that?"

"Zameer saw you coming out of Tanner House with that that drunk bastard on your birthday"

Lying, smug son of a bitch!

Mikaeel shook his head at his cousin's balls. That fucker didn't see him coming out of Tanner House with Ihsaan because he had left long before Ihsaan did. The only reason Zameer knew Mikaeel was there was because he had passed him on the second floor.

"Zameer is full of shit."

"But you were there." He looked down towards the tiles at her feet. Her unflinching glare intimidated him more than anything else.

"Yes I was there."

"I thought you stopped."

He didn't reply. She knew the answer already.

"I don't care what's going on between you and Hoori but she's coming home on Monday." She reiterated.

"How is she going to manage? She still can't walk."