chapter 13

"I need to shower."

Well fuck...

"Why ," he switched on the lampshade, squinting his eyes against the intrusion, "do you feel it necessary to shower at 11 at night?"

"Uhm," She looked up at him, still not truly comprehending the fact that she was actually asking this of him. "I started praying my Esha Salaah when I got sick and I don't want to miss it."

"So?" he looked at her blankly, not remotely understanding how her Salaah and showering had anything to do with each other.

"So my period has ended and I need to shower." She figured the direct approach would work best on him.

"Oh." His eyes widened in understanding. "

Shit, he really would go to hell if he said no.

"Ya."

"What do you need me to do exactly?"

"I just need you to stand outside the shower. Just in case."

"Oh..." Not as bad as he thought. "Go ahead." He searched around the room for his discarded pants. "I'll just get dressed quickly."

"Thanks." She said quickly before she turned around and walked away.

She needed to get undressed before he walked into the bathroom. There was just no way she would take off her clothes with him there- even if his back was turned. It was just too weird.

God, they were just so awkward.

She was grateful she could at least stand by herself. She only needed to brace her arm against the shower wall for support and she would be fine. His footsteps sounded softly against the tiles and she was sure she heard him hop onto the counter as he waited for her. She shook her head as she opened the tap, happy that the faucets in their house were all attached to levers that needed to be pushed from side to side rather than knobs that needed to be turned- otherwise she'd have to ask Mikaeel to turn the taps on for her too.

She felt odd showering in their downstairs bathroom. She wasn't used to it. It was empty- that was rather wondrous actually considering she didn't have to fight him for space for her shampoos and her body wash or her foot scrub. She had an entire ledge just for her and she wondered why she never actually made use of it before. It really did make no sense considering she was always dropped some bottle or the other whenever she showered in the upstairs bathroom- actually she only ever dropped his bottle...

Dammit!

She smacked herself on her forehead when she realised she would be using a new bottle of shampoo.

Mikaeel's vision of the ceiling was slightly obscured by steam as the hot water started running in the shower.

He went over his schedule in his head. He had so much of paperwork to catch up on and he didn't know where to slot it in.

"Mikaeel," Her voice echoed throughout the bathroom.

"Hmm?" He turned to look at the shower when he heard the door open slightly.

"Will you please open this for me?" Her hand passed through the tiny gap between the door and the wall in order to hand him the bottle.

He stretched for the bottle- too lazy to actually get up off the counter and walk to the shower to retrieve it. He couldn't believe she had spent 100 bucks on that small bottle but it was her own money. He couldn't tell her how to spend it. He ripped off the seal and twisted off the cap before he stretched towards the shower to hand it back to her.