Chapter 30

A/N Hellos! So- all the South African schools actually do exist. Crawford, St Stithians and St Andrews (except the last 2 charge a ridiculously high fee so I have no clue what it would ever be like going to schools like that...). The schools in London, however, are entirely fictional.

And if certain bits seem less emotional than it should, it's because it will be explained further in the next chapter.

Also, see if you can spot Riyaadh and Fayaaz anywhere in the story. Bonus points if you do!

Also, please. Mikaeel is NOT jealous of Imaad. He's just scolding him as a decent uncle should be when kids need to learn something.

........................................................................................................

Someone was groping her chest...

Very studiously at that.

"Uncle Mickey, how come you and Aunty Hooriya feel different here?" Imaad's hushed question was emphasised with a bit of a squeeze over said area.

"I'm dreaming." She heard him mutter bitterly before she felt the blankets shift as he turned around.

"No you're not!" He laughed as if his uncle had said the funniest thing in the world. "You're awake Aunty Hooriya!" Imaad's smile almost split his face as she blinked up at him. The bright yellow batman logo on his t-shirt seemed to assault her eyes as she took in his cross legged position between her and Mikaeel.

"Uhm hmm." Hoori hummed, looking down oddly at his hand still very much so attached to her chest.

"How come you feel all squishy here and Uncle Mickey doesn't?"

Squishy?

"Squishy?" Mikaeel mumbled her exact sentiments as he looked warily up at Imaad. "She feels squishy?"

"Ya! Do you want to feel? It's kind of like the jelly mummy makes sometimes."

Jelly. Squishy jelly?!

It was too early in the morning...

"Keep your hands to yourself Imaad." Mikaeel chastised him, gripping his small hand in his before he moved it away from Hoori.

"Are you going back to sleep Uncle Mickey?" Imaad asked, tucking himself back under the covers before he snuggled into their pillows.

"Yes."

"Oh." He seemed to deflate at the idea of being awake by himself. "But then who's going to talk to me?" He whined, not at all happy with the prospect of keeping quiet.

"Go talk to your mother."

"No!" He immediately shunned the idea. His mother was scary in the mornings. She always shouted at him whenever he woke her up till eventually his daddy carried him down the stairs to watch cartoons with him. "But you never answered my question Uncle Mickey! How come you feel a little bit like me and Aunty Hooriya doesn't?"

"Go ask your mother." He grumbled.

How in the hell was he supposed to answer that kind of a question?

"Fine!" Imaad wasn't happy about being sent away but his uncle was just like his mother. They were both grumplestilskins and they only got worse if he kept asking them questions.

"Thank fuck for that..." Mikaeel muttered as soon as he heard his bedroom door close. He turned to look at Hooriya, wondering if she had gone back to sleep or not. He was met with an amused smile as she looked at him, trying hard not to laugh. "What?"