Chapter Two

~Thomas~

Shit. What had I just done? I practically just shut my best friend out of my life. I had no idea why I reacted that way. I shouldn't have. It was wrong of me. I couldn't believe I called him a faggot. That was totally uncalled for. I wasn't even a homophobe. I needed to go after him. Needed to let him know I didn't mean what I said. I was such an idiot. I needed to fix this.

"Fuck!" I screamed into thin air.

"Watch you language young man." My mom said standing in the door way. "I came up here to find out what happened between you and Kevin. Care to explain?"

"Sorry mom. I have a lot on my plate right now. I don't want to talk about it. Could you please leave me alone?" I said sitting on my bed.

"Sure sweetie. You know where to find me if you change your mind." She said, turning around to leave.

Right now, the only thing I wanted to do was be by myself. I needed to find a way to accept Kevin for who he was. I admit I overreacted. I just hoped he'd find it in his heart to forgive me when the time came.

***

~Kevin~

I couldn't believe that Tommy said all those things to me. How could he call me a fag?. It disgusted me even thinking of that word. I thought he, of all people, would accept me. Of course I knew that there would be some consequences, but I didn't want to face them. I wanted some hope. I guess that would be the reason why I never told him my feelings. I wanted to live in my perfect fantasy world for a while longer. Where Tommy and I were still best friends and he didn't hate me.

The drive down to my house wasn't very long. I barely noticed the scenery around me. I was in a daze the whole way home. When I got out of my car -an early graduation present from my mother- I was still trying to process how my life was turned upside down in only a few minutes. My mom's car was parked in the driveway so I figured she came home early from work. My mom was successful enough to afford a 4-bedroom house, with a big yard and pool. One thing she always taught me: it wasn't about how much money a person had. If you don't treat other people right, what was the point of anything? Basically, be humble.

I went inside and was greeted by my mom. "Honey, Martha called. She said you were crying. What happened?" Martha was Tommy's mom. You'd think that the woman had better things to do than rat me out to me mom.

She was sitting at her desk working on some proposals. She was wearing her glasses and a few strands of her brunette hair were falling into her face. It was hard to tell we were related since we barely showed any resemblance, except for our eyes. Blue eyes that stood out no matter what our emotion was.

"I don't want to talk about it mom. Leave me alone." I ran up stairs and slammed my bedroom door shut. I fell on my bed crying and tried to forget that this afternoon ever happened, that I wasn't gay and that I just ruined my entire life.

I woke up about five hours later. It was almost eleven o' clock in the evening. I guess sleeping didn't help because I still felt like my life was hit with a tornado. I got up and went to the bathroom to splash water on my face. I couldn't help but wonder if I'd ever be over this. A part of me-a very small part- still hoped that I could get him back. Even if he didn't love me back, I'd accept him anyway I could. I looked in the mirror and saw that my eyes were blood red. My dirty blond hair was in complete disarray. It was my own fault. I caused all this to happen.

I made my way down stairs to get a glass of water. I was still shaking a bit but I managed to control it.

"Honey, are you okay?" My mom said standing in the doorway, startling me in the process.