Chapter Five

~Thomas~

I wasn't sure if I heard correctly but I could have sworn that Chad just asked Kevin if we could go watch the movie together. I wanted say no, but something inside me told me to shut up. Now I was stuck with him for three hours. Three very awkward hours.

When we came out of the cinema Chad and Kevin were laughing as if they had just watched the comedy of the year. I had to admit that even though I wasn't a Transformers fan, I enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

"So what do you guys want to do now?" Chad asked us.

I looked over at Kevin. He didn't seem like he wanted to be around me much longer so I decided to save him the trouble.

"I think we should go home now, Chad. I'm tired and your snoring kept me up all night."

"Okay fine. And I do not snore. Maybe it was a cricket or a bird or something." He said punching me lightly on my arm. "Hey Kev, you cool with us leaving? We could hang out again sometime though"

"Uh yea it's okay. I have to go home and see to some things too. Ashley's coming home tomorrow and she'll be staying at my place so I've got to get the place ready for her. Just give me a call when you want to hang out." Kevin said. It really looked like he was making up lame excuses.

"Okay then, cool. See you later."

We said our goodbyes and went home. Even though it was just one movie, today was a bit weird. I couldn't help feeling a little bit jealous at the fact that Chad and Kevin acted as if they had been best friends for years. But that was all water under the bridge for me.

I guess I blacked out because we were now parking in the driveway of my house. Chad turned off the engine and turned to face me. "Okay, so cut the crap and tell me what's going on between you and Kevin. Don't even think of beating around the bush."

"Dude, what the hell are you talking about?" I said pretending not to know what he was talking about.

"Don't act stupid Tom. You guys ignored each other the entire night. What happened that was so bad that you guys can't even hold up a normal conversation?"

I decided to give him the silent treatment. Hopefully he'd leave me the hell alone. I was already going through so much shit. I didn't want him interfering in my business. I told him specifically not to.

"Oh so you giving me the silent treatment huh?" he said folding his arms over his chest."Well if you're not going to say anything, then pay attention to what I'm about to say. Whatever the hell happened between the two of you obviously drove you guys apart. But you've been friends since you were kids. So grow up and be a man about the situation and stop being so immature. In other words, don't let your huge ego get in the way of you guys ever being friends again." He grabbed his cell phone and keys and got out of the car. I looked over at him as he walked into the house.

Who the fuck did he think he was? Telling me to grow up and that I had a huge ego? He called me immature. That wasn't the first time someone told me that this week. But did he need to put it all out there? Sometimes it was better if certain things didn't come out in the open. Right at that moment as if on cue, an idea popped into my head. I knew what I had to do. I snuck back into the house, grabbed my car keys and drove to Kevin's house.

***

~Kevin~

Damn today was...okay, I guess. Although Tommy and I ignored each other most of the time, I still kind of had fun. Chad was a really awesome guy andI didn't know why Tommy hated him so much. They did seem closer today but maybe it was all an act?

I cleaned the house a little and made myself some popcorn. I grabbed a soda from the fridge and plopped myself down on the sofa. Since there was already something in the player I decided to watch it. The movie end up being Grown Ups. I loved this one. This is exactly what I needed, a comedy to make me laugh.

I was about thirty minutes into the movie and I was already laughing so hard that tears were coming out of my eyes. I was busy getting over my latest hysterical fit when the door bell rang. Who would be coming to my house at this hour? Could it be Ash? What if she was surprising me by coming a day earlier? I put the movie on pause and ran to the door excitedly. I was still smiling but it soon faded when I saw who was standing in front of me.

Finally building up the courage to say something I asked, "Tom, what are you doing here"

He looked lost. Like he didn't know what to say. "Kevin, I just want to talk. Can I come in?"

He wanted to talk? Why would he think I would ever want to speak to him again? Sometimes this guy confused the hell out of me.

"You can say whatever you want out here."

"This might be a while. I think it'd be better if I came inside." He said leaning against the door frame.

Giving up, I moved out of the way and motioned for him to come in. I was having fun watching my movie and eating my popcorn. Why did he have to come and ruin my night? This was so unfair. Couldn't a guy get a break around here?

"So now do you want to tell me what you're doing here?" I said reclaiming my seat on the sofa.

"Well, I wanted to apologise for what I said the other day. I shouldn't have said those things. I didn't mean it. I was just really surprised. I'm sorry Kevin. I don't want our friendship to end. I accept you for who you are." He said looking directly into my eyes.

I was shocked. I was completely at a loss for words. I seemed to have lost my voice. After a couple of minutes of being speechless, I could finally speak again.

"You are? Really? You do know that what you said hurt me right? I mean I'm still hurting now. If it came from any other random person, I probably would have brushed it off, but it came from you Tommy and that practically destroyed me."

He moved over and was now sitting next to me. I wasn't quite sure what to do in this situation.

"Yes Kev. I really am sorry. I never meant for you to get hurt. I promise I won't hurt you again." He leaned in and hugged me. I was taken aback, but soon I gave in and returned the hug.

I pulled away and looked into his eyes. There they were. His gorgeous brown and dazzling eyes. It was weird though, they seemed to be getting closer. I soon realised that Tommy's face was moving closer to mine. I was surprised. My head was telling me to stop him and push him away but my heart was beating so fast I couldn't control it. He was inches away and I was still frozen. His lips brushed slightly against mine as if testing it, then claiming it entirely. I still hadn't kissed him back. He put one of his hands on the back of my head and the other on the small of my back. I drew me in closer and I finally gave in. His tongue swept across my bottom lip asking for entrance and I accepted it without a second thought. Our tongues danced around in our mouths and this moment felt perfect. This was way better than when I was imagining it.

Tommy suddenly pulled away. He looked shocked yet not believing what had just happened.

"Tommy? Are you okay? Why did you-?" I didn't have time to finish my sentence. Tommy stood up and turned away from me.

"Kevin. I'm sorry. I've got to go." Without even giving me a second glance, he stormed out of my house.

I was still trying to figure out what went wrong. Then it dawned on me. He said he came here to apologise, which he did, then he promised he'd never hurt me again and without warning kisses me? And to make matters worse he immediately storms out. What a jerk! Never hurt me again my ass. What the fuck did he think he just did?

"Heeey! I'm back. Kev where are you?" It was Ash. I wasn't expecting her to come right now. Earlier I might have but now, definitely not. "I just saw Tom outside. He looked distraught. What happened?"

I looked up at her. "I think you should sit down. It's going to be one hell of a bumpy ride."