Chapter Eleven

~Kevin~

It seemed like Chad and Ash didn't understand because they were still standing there and I was still here in this nightmare of a place. They were staring at me like I was weird. Did I have something on my face? What the fuck was their problem? My supposed boyfriend just cheated on me and they were looking at me like I was an outcast.

"Did you not hear what I just said?" I said tapping my foot on the ground.

"We heard you, but what happened?"

"Could you first take me home? I don't want to talk about it here, much less stay here." I said looking around me suddenly disgusted with my surroundings.

"Fine, but let me go get Tom." Chad said almost walking away but I stopped him.

"No, leave him here. We'll leave without him. He can get another ride home." They both gave me weird looks but I ignored it. "When you guys decide to stop staring you can meet me outside by the car. Without Tommy."

I walked away leaving them standing there staring after me. I guessed they finally snapped out of it because within seconds they were next to me. I looked around while I was walking and I must have been in luck. No sign of Tommy. We got to the car and got in. Once all the doors were closed, the questions came pouring in.

"Kevin what happened back there?" Ash asked from the front seat next to Chad. "Why were you crying?"

"Just drive."

They'd heard me loud and clear because we were now driving down the road gong back to my house. It wouldn't be long now and I'd be safe in the confines of my house. I hugged myself and stared out of the window trying to forget everything that had just happened.

The minute I got out of the car, I ran to my door, opened it and slammed it closed behind me. At this point I really didn't care whether Chad and Ash followed me. Right now I didn't know if I wanted to be alone or he held tight and never be let go of. I ran up the stairs and sure enough I heard the door open and close. I ran to my room and fell on my bed and it all came out. All the tears I'd been suppressing for an entire month came pouring out.

***

~Thomas~

I looked up and saw Kevin looking at me. My eyes went wide. If he was standing over there then who was I holding in my arms? I didn't have a chance to say anything because he spoke first.

"Never hurt me again my ass. Fuck you and your slutty hoe." He stormed out after that. No one seemed to hear what he'd said. Although they were almost a whisper it sounded like he was screaming them at me.

After ten minutes of struggling to get this bitch off me I ran out to go after Kev. I ran all around the house asking people if they'd seen him. No luck there. It was when I went outside that I saw Chad's car turning off onto the next street. Fuck! Kevin obviously thought that I cheated on him. What the hell was I going to do now? I'd just lost the only person I really, genuinely cared for.

There was nothing I could do now. I took my phone out of my pocket and called my mom to pick me up. I knew it would be pretty embarrassing to have my mom pick me up from a party, but right now I didn't give a fuck. I didn't have a life anymore.

When I got home I ran straight to my bedroom. The first thing I did when I got there was call Kevin. Three rings and he still didn't answer; I waited till it went to voicemail.

"Hi this is Kevin. I'm not available right now, obviously. Please leave a message and I'll get back to you when I'm free."

"Kevin I'm really really sorry. I didn't mean for that to happen. Please let me explain. I don't want to lose you. Call me back." I threw my phone behind me on the bed. Chad wasn't back yet, maybe he was at Kev's house. Damn Tom, you really screwed up this time. I couldn't help think about what would happen if Kev never forgave me again. I knew I wasn't going to fall asleep anytime soon so I just stared blankly at the wall ahead.

***

~Kevin~

"He did what?!" Ash's eyes were filled with pure rage. I'd told them everything that happened tonight and Ash was immediately out on a rampage. If she didn't have her mob yet she'd sure as hell find one soon.

"Ash calm down." I said sitting on my bed, fearing for my life.

She turned around and glared at me. "Calm down? I think this trauma affected your brain. How can I remain calm? Your heart was broken. I'm surprised that you're so cool and collected."

"Of course I'm hurt. I'm dying inside. But there's nothing I can do about it now. He made his choice. He chose how he wants to carry on living his life and I'm obviously not part of it." I said walking over to the window.

"Come on, Kevin. You don't know that." It was Chad that spoke. "He cares about you. He just doesn't know how to express his feelings."

"Well he has a damn funny way of showing it."

I went to sit on my bed. Ash stepped forward. "I don't think I should go home tonight. You need someone to be with you right now."

"Thanks Ash." I looked over to Chad. "What about you?"

"I'll stay too. I'll go home and talk things out with Tom tomorrow." I got under my covers and wrapped myself in the warm material.

"Night, Kevin." Ash and Chad said together. They switched off my bedroom light and I heard their footsteps going down the stairs.

I closed my eyes and accepted the darkness gladly. I could feel the tears start coming out of my eyes. Jerk, he'd made a promise and he broke it. But why couldn't I bring myself to hate him? Why did I still love him even though he'd just broken my heart into a million pieces? Why did he have to be such a big part of my life, which I unfortunately still thought he was.

"I love you Asshole." I mumbled and drifted off to sleep, my face still stained with tears.