Chapter Eight

~Chad~

"Okay, as of this moment the plan is in motion." I said looking over at Ash. "Remember, this stays between the two of us. You'll do your part and I'll do mine. I'll call you when I've made progress."

"Damn Chad. You sound like a General in an army. Do you have to act so formal?" she said eyeing me. "I'm not a little kid; I know how to keep a secret."

"Okay good." I relaxed a little. I knew I could trust her. "I'll uh...call you tonight?"

At first she looked shocked but then she smiled. Was she blushing? No, it was wishful thinking on my part.

"Okay. Tonight. See you some other time. See you." She left the shop and I left a few minutes later.

I took my phone out of my pocket and dialled Kevin's number. After two rings he picked up.

"Hello." He said. He sounded a sleepy so I figured he just woke up.

"Hey Kev. Sorry to wake you. I just wanted to know if you wanted to do something tonight. Just the two of us."

He seemed to think for a while. "Yea sure since I don't have any other plans."

I smiled to myself. "Great. Pick you up at seven." I hung up and continued to walk to my car. It already seemed like my plan was working.

I got home a half an hour later. As soon as I opened the door I was greeted with Tom sitting in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal.

"Hey cuz. What's up?" I said moving to sit opposite him.

"I think I'm the one who's supposed be asking that question. Where were you?"

"I went out for a cup of coffee." I said looking out the window. "What did you do while I was gone?"

"Don't try to change the subject. Why would you go out for a cup of coffee when we have coffee in the house?" he asked suspiciously.

"I met up with a friend. Nothing that concerns you so stop asking me questions that aren't important." I stood up from the table.

"Whatever dude. Where are you going?"

"To freshen up. You know, shave, get a hair cut and shit like that."

Tom raised an eyebrow in question. "Why?"

I smiled. "I've got a date tonight."

"Already? With who? What does she look like? Do I know her? She's not another ex of mine is she?"

"Yea you know this person. And nope, it's not an ex of yours." I carried on walking out to the lounge.

"Well then who is she?" he said getting up and running after me.

"It's not a she."

His eyes widened. "So it's a guy?"

"Yep." I said popping the P.

"Well who is it? Who Chad?" Tom said. By the looks of it he seemed to be getting a bit angry. Okay a bit was an understatement. He was furious.

"It's Kevin." I said as if it were old news.

There was a look of pure anger in his face. "Kevin? You're going on a date with Kevin?"

"Uh I'm pretty sure I just said that."

"Cut the sarcasm asshole." He came towards me but since I was expecting it, I caught his fist in my right hand.

"Let go of my hand!" I smirked at him. I turned him around holding both of his hands behind his back.