Chapter Nine

~Kevin~

I was having a lot of fun with Chad. He took me out to a nice restaurant and I had to that say I enjoyed the food. We were now on our way to go watch a movie. I thought that was a bit weird though. Even if was enjoying myself, I couldn't say that I was as excited as I thought I'd be. Something was missing. I couldn't help but think that something bad was going to happen.

I hugged myself at this thought. "Are you okay?"

I looked over at Chad who was behind the wheel driving to wherever it was that we were going to next.

"Yea I'm fine. Nothing to worry about."

"Great 'cause we're here." he said turning left into a parking lot. I suddenly knew where we were.

"This is where we're watching our movie? Cool." Cool? I really didn't know what else to say at this point. I couldn't say 'Oh how romantic' or 'you shouldn't have'. That just sounded plain stupid.

We were interrupted by his cellphone ringing. "Hello."

"..."

"What? Okay that's cool." He hung up and put his phone back in his pocket.

"Is everything okay?" I asked a little worried.

"Yea of course. Everything's perfect." He was smiling but I could see something wasn't right. He turned off the engine and waiters came by to serve drinks and popcorn. We sat back and waited for the movie to start.

The credits appeared on the screen signalling the end of the movie. We'd watched P.S I love you. I watched it before but somehow watching it in an open park seemed different. Chad started the car and I hated sounding ungrateful, but I was glad to finally be going home again.

I had a nice evening but that bad feeling didn't want to go away. We were about to exit the park when a loud honk stopped us.

"What the fuck?" Chad said turning around. His eyes went wide and that in turn caused me to turn around too.

I'd say me being surprised was an understatement, I was beyond shocked. The moment I turned around I couldn't believe my eyes. This was one hell of a fucked up nightmare. When was I going to wake up? I pinched myself to see if this was really happening. Behind us was Tommy and...Ash? Once again, what the hell was he doing here? I knew it; I knew something bad was going to happen.

"What are you doing here with him, Kevin?" Tommy asked getting out of his car and walking over to us.

"What are you doing here, Tommy? I asked ignoring his question.

"I came to see what the hell is going on between the two of you." He turned to face Chad. "You just can't find your own shit without taking somebody else's can you? I told you not to interfere in my business. Why do you always have to take what's mine?"

Wait. Did I hear him correctly? Did he just say 'what's mine'?

"I don't believe I've taken anything that belongs to you Tom." Chad said looking Tom in the eye. He got out of the car so they could be head to head. "Tell me what I've taken from you, because I just see Ash and Kevin."

"You know damn right what I'm talking about." Tom said glaring at him.

"No actually, I don't. You're speaking in riddles."

"Chad I really don't think now's the time for you to be playing games." Ash piped in, now standing outside Tommy's car.

"Okay, you want to start playing the truth game, Tom? Why don't you start?" Chad said stepping directly in front of him. "Admit it."