The Arrangement_2

{{Lila}}

A couple of weeks went by with no luck whatsoever.

I went to club after club in search for mister tall dark and handsome, but at the end of the night when I left with no prospects I regretted it because I had to wake up early the next morning to return to my job hunt.

"Looking for a job is a job within its self." I complained as I flopped onto the sofa.

"It isn't easy, but I'm sure your hard work will pay off." My Mom said. "I'm proud that your actually applying yourself sweetheart."

"Thanks Mommy."

"So how are things with the man hunt?" She questioned.

"I think in going to take daddy's advice and become a lesbian." I replied as I shook my head.

She laughed the closed her laptop. "I've found the guy for you." She admitted.

My stomach dropped, I knew she had said she would set me up, I even believed it. But now it was all TOO real, is this guy going to be my future husband?

I had always expected I would find a guy who liked me for me, and I would like him just the same, we would become best friends and fall in love and get married and have children. I can't just marry a stranger, even if there is divorce.

I looked at the genuine excitement written on my mothers face.

"Mommy."

"Oh sweetheart don't dismiss it right away, at least hear about him first." She somewhat pleaded.

But that was the thing, I wanted nothing to do with this mystery man. Sure I now see that my ways were wrong, I took advantage of my parents' all too willing nature but marrying me off just seems wrong.

"I don't want to know his family name, I don't even want to see a picture. I don't want to know if he's rich, black, white, Jewish, catholic, what he drives or if even even has a dog." I sighed.

My mom nodded and thought about her words before she spoke. "His first name starts with the letter D, He's tall, and very handsome. He is an investment broker who lives on his own, no children and his mother is my childhood friend."

Of course she and the guys mother would know each other. I'm starting to feel like this was actually a long time coming.