The Arrangement_24

{{Dixon}}

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and and wife."

I looked at Lila and she smiled her fake smile. Her face read happiest day of her life, but her eyes read hurt and betrayed. I leaned down and kissed her lips, but even I felt how awkward it was, like cousins kissing or something.

Everyone else didn't notice as a loud cheer erupted and we walked down the aisle, I put my glasses back on to shield my eyes once more from the beaming sunlight then she grabbed my arm and we walked back up the aisle.

We got into our limo and headed to reception venue, our mothers thought it would be "cute" if we held our reception at the same hotel we had our first date at.

"Just so you know I don't want you to go with me on the honeymoon." She said without even looking at me.

I rolled my eyes, I had expected as much.

"I'll just say I have to work or something." I answered back.

"And I want you to keep your apartment as well."

"You don't want me at the house either?" I asked, now I was offended, the house was a wedding gift from my parents.

"I never said that." She snapped finally looking at me. "I said I want you to keep your apartment. You can live in the house if YOU want to but I'll be damned if your bringing your whores into our house."

I wanted to tell her it was a one time mistake, but that would be a lie. And as much as I was mad right now I was mad at myself, not her, I had been caught because of my own stupidity and carelessness.

"I really am sorry Lila." I said with all sincerity.

"Sorry you did it or sorry you got caught?" She asked.

"Sorry I hurt you."

. . .

{{Lila}}

His words sent a stab of pain trough my heart and I had to use everything I had in me to keep myself from crying.

"Look at me." He pleaded.

"No."

"Your acting childish." He sighed.

How dare he, "I think I have every right to act this way AND more, be glad I'm not making a scene."

We got to the hotel and we were introduced into the large ballroom. With a false smile we danced a very uncomfortable first dance.

I hate the way his body felt against mine, his hand in mine and against my lower back disgusted me. All I could think about was him having his drunken threesome.

Why had I agreed to such a long song?

I looked up at him and he smiled, I knew everyone was watching so I smiled too. His glasses were off and just like when we said our vows his eyes were still slightly red. He leaned down for a kiss and I closed my eyes and smiled as I jilted him, instead of my lips he placed a chaste kiss on my forehead.

The reception wasn't that bad. I pretty much ignored Dixon unless someone started the stupid "Kiss" chant.

When it was time to go, our family and friends gathered outside of the place and blew bubbles instead of throwing rice since the hotel didn't allow it.

Tonight we were suppose to stay at his apartment since our house was still being set up and we would be leaving for our honey moon at 7am.

At least I would be leaving for our honeymoon.