|Chapter Seven|

A/N: some of you guys asked where everything is placed, so i hope the picture in the media helps. Everything is surrounded by forest.

SasuNaru - 13 Days

Chapter Seven|

=========

•DAY SEVEN•

(Unedited)

||3:23am||

He couldn't sleep.

Naruto could feel the heavy, comforting, body laying closely behind to him, breathing softly in his ear and neck, sending shivers down his spine once in a while. They were both laying down on the couch, their bodies as close as could be together, with Sasuke sleeping soundly behind Naruto, having a loose arm around Naruto's stomach.

It was dark all around the room, the television was turned off hours ago. But Naruto's eyes have gotten used to the dark. He could see the outline of everything in the room despite the darkness.

'Still awake?' The gruff voice of Kyuubi spoke.

Naruto didn't react. His sleepy eyes stared blankly in front of him. He wanted to sleep, to snuggle into Sasuke's open arms and sleep, but something was telling him not to. To stay awake.

'Yeah...' Naruto replied half-heartedly, barely even wanting to talk.

It was frustrating Naruto. He just couldn't sleep. And that's all he wanted to do right now. He closed his eyes tightly, trying to block out everything from his mind and just sleep. But after another few seconds of being still, he gave up, opening his eyes again to the darkness of the room.

The only thing that kept Naruto still from punching around in anger was the fact that Sasuke was sleeping and holding him from the behind. Keeping him still. Naruto sighed before quietly and carefully sitting up, gently putting Sasuke's arms off of him on onto the couch.

Naruto stood up quietly, stretching his arms and yawning. He ran his hand through his blonde hair as he took one last look of Sasuke before heading towards the hall. He made sure his footsteps were light to not wake up Sasuke.

Kyuubi had his eye raised, 'Oi- brat, where are you going?'

Naruto turned away from the front door and started to go up the dark stairs instead, rubbing his eye in the process. Each step creaked in the progress of Naruto walking up, his bare feet feeling the soft carpet below them. He almost tripped over himself.

'I don't know..' He muttered softly, the carpet stairs creaking slightly under each taken step.

He finally reached the second floor, his tired eyes roaming the dark area. But it was too dark to see properly. He'd doubt that he'd find the light switch. But a small light caught his eyes. A light coming from a barely open door but it was enough to fully grab Naruto's attention.

He walked towards the room that was at the end of the hall and cautiously stepped inside to see what the source of the light was. His eyes slightly widened as he realized it was a very large window in what seemed to be a guest room. But the thing that made Naruto's throat go dry was the view from the window.

The Luan River.

Naruto bit his lip as memories from that night came flooding in. If Kyuubi hadn't promised him 13 more days, then he would be at the bottom of the late right now, drifting along with the water into an endless emptiness.