Chapter 6

Your POV

Blinding lights greeted me as I opened my eyes. I heard some sort of beeping sound next to my head. Looking over, I saw that I was hooked up to an IV bag and a heart monitor. Great, I'm in a hospital. I tried sitting up, only to have pain go through my body. This pain was nothing new. It seemed like it was on the same level as when dad would beat me down. I can get through this. I sat up fully, then realized how warm the room was. I shakily stood up next to the bed. The heart monitor started to go faster as I started to move around. I quickly took it off and pulled the IV out. Carefully walking over to the window (and almost falling twice), I opened it wide and breathed in the fresh air. Looking at what was in my line of sight, I saw that the hospital seemed to have a backyard to it. There were some sturdy looking trees, and lots of green grass. Looks like paradise right now. I opened the door to my room carefully, looking both ways to make sure that no one was coming. As soon as I knew that the coast was clear, I left the room and went outside. I couldn't wait to feel the sun on my skin.

Mark's POV

(Y/n)'s been in a coma for a week now. I've been taking care of her house while she's been in the hospital. It's been hell without her smile around. I've been actually sleeping at her house just to feel like she was by me, to smell her scent, to just feel like I'm whole. But it wasn't the same. I can't feel whole without her around. I was so happy before this all happened. Jake, Sean, and I decided to go and visit her today. I didn't care if it was her sleeping face or her being awake,I just wanted to see my girlfriend. We walked into the hospital together. After we signed in, we were greeted by Dr.Dagin.
"Any changes?"
"Not yet I'm afraid. She's still in the coma, even though we do get some signs of her beginning to wake up, I can't say it's going to be soon."
"Can't you do anything to help her?!? She's my god damn sister!" Jake shouted angrily.
"Please calm yourself, Mr.(l/n).We are doing everything we can to help her right now. All we can do is wait."
I was about to open my mouth to say something, someone ran up to us.
"All the stats just dropped dead in room 221!" Room 221 is (y/n)'s room. We all ran to her room, only to find that she wasn't there. The window was open, but (y/n) was no where in sight. I looked back at Jake, who was just smiling wide. He ran put of the room shouting "follow me! I know where she is!" With him being as happy as he is right now, I believe him to be telling the truth.

Your POV

The sunlight felt like heaven on my skin as I opened the doors to outside. I saw a tree not to far away from where I was standing, so I went over and started underneath it. The grass tickled by bare feet as I walked across it. A few moments after I sat down, I was greeted by a little girl.
"Hi. I'm Lillian. I'm 3." She held up four fingers be accident. It was so adorable. She had a small children's hospital gown on, brunette colored hair, and bright blue eyes. I smiled at her and said "I'm (y/n). Nice to meet you."
"Can I sit in your lap?" She asked it so innocently that I couldn't say no. She sat in my lap and put her head on my chest.
"You're a really pretty lady. I wish I could be with someone like you."
"What do you mean?"
"I live at a one of those places where people come and take the kids away." Her voice was adorable. She could talk pretty well for a three year old.
"You mean an adoption center?"
"Yeah! That place! But the kids don't like me. And people who come to take me take me back soon after. The kids rip my drawings up. I don't like them. I had to come here because of them."
I stared at her with wide eyes. She reminded me of myself, but at a much younger age. She looked up at me.
"Can you tell me a story?"
"I don't know if I can tell stories very well, but if you want me to, I can sing a song instead."
"Yeah! Song! Please?"
"Alright. Calm down. I'll sing." I took a deep breath and sang to my hearts content.(choose whatever song you want.) As soon as I was done, she gave a hug.
"That was pretty!"
"Thank you, Lillian." I looked up to see my brother standing next to me. He had a very content look on his face.
"It's been a long time since I've heard you sing."
"Was it bad?"
"No. Not at all."
Lillian looked back and forth between us.
"Is he your other?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean like, the person you like."
I started to laugh. "No, honey. This is Jake, my twin brother."
"You two do look same." She pointed out. Jake smiled at her.
"C'mon, (y/n). I think you freaked out the doctors enough for one day. Let's go back to your room." Jake held out his hand for me. Lillian got off my lap so I could get up. I took his hand and he pulled me up.
"Can I come to your room? Mine is... all alone."
"You mean lonely?"
"Yeah! Can I come?"
"Let's see what your doctor says first." Jake stated. Lillian held my hand as we walked up to the others. I didn't even know that they were there.
"H-How...? Most people... they never want to get up... but you..." the doctor kept stammering.
"I just wanted to go outside. Simple enough." Mark came over and hugged me tightly.
"You scared the shit out of me." He said in my ear.
"I bet. How long was I out? And what happened?"
"About a week. They put the girl in jail for attempted murder." I felt Lillian let go of my hand. We both looked down at her.
"Is that your other?" She asked. I picked her up and set her on my hip, with my arm holding her tightly.
"Yes. That's my other. Lillian, this is Mark. Mark, this is Lillian." She put her hands out towards Mark. He took her out of my arms and held onto her, smiling the entire time.
"You're pretty too!"
"Thank you, Lillian." She turned towards the doctor.
"Dr.D! Can I go to her room too?" He was still staring at me with wide eyes and a mouth open wide enough to attract flies. He finally snapped out of it when he realized Lillian was talking to him.
"Uh... of course." Lillian started yelling in joy. We all went back up to my room together. All that the doctor wanted to talk about is how I was doing, when I was going to get out, things like that. I was just glad that the psycho bitch was in jail. Looking down at Lillian again, I realized she acted a lot like I did when I was younger. I want to get her out of the hell that she's in. That's it! I'm gonna adopt her.

That's a wrap on chapter 6! Go ahead and leave comments if you want to, and I will see you all in the next chapter! Later lovelies!