02. saviour

With a shriek, she attempted to shake herself from the painful grip but it only tightened. A large, foul hand covered her mouth and she felt something cold and sharp pressed against her throat.

Tears prickled her delicate, green eyes as her heart picked up speed.

"Scream or try to resist and we'll slit your throat." A rough voice hissed into her ear, making her flinch. She was terrified and lost. She couldn't possibly get out of this situation, no one knew she left and she had no weapon of defense. She would've kicked herself for being so foolish to leave unarmed if she was not in such a tight situation.

She felt sniggers and laughter echoing around her, and immediately she knew her attacker had a team of accomplices, by the sound of it all were males.

How could she possibly go up against a group of armed men?

"She's cute." One of them whistled. She felt a hand run along her thigh. She let out a muffled squeal and flinched away, causing the knife to cut her neck slightly. The crimson liquid dripped from the thin, red line.

"Shit." The one behind her cursed, taking pressure off her neck. She took this opportunity to escape, it was now or never.

She kicked backwards, aiming her feet for his crotch, the one weakness of every male. The man shouted in agony, his hands coming to cover the pained area and startling the men around her. She took the opportunity to run.

She heard angry yells from behind her, but she didn't bother to look back, it would only slow her down. She neared the end of the alley when something caught her hair and she was pulled back.

This time, Anastasia screamed, the pain was too much to bear. Tears streamed down her face as she struggled to pull herself from her attacker's grip of her hair. It was truly painful, having so much of her hair being pulled from her scalp.

"You little bitch!" The man exclaimed, jerking her backwards and kicking her back. She gasped and fell forward onto the icy pavement. It felt as if she fell onto a blanket of blades. The snow cut her cheek, and she knew she'd have to get it treated soon or it will be infected.

She wasn't given any warning as the next blow came, a punch in the stomach after the man pulled her to a sitting position. Another man appeared and started beating her senseless, obviously this one was the one she kicked since he was the most angered out of them all and hit her with so much passion.

She found herself taking small, short gasps of air. It was hard to breathe when every blow always knocked the air out of her stomach. She could feel herself slipping away, but she fought to stay conscious, even if the former was much easier than dealing with the pain that spread through her body.

All of the sudden, it all stopped. The punches, kicks, hits; all stopped. It confused Anastasia, but the sounds of punching, kicking, bodies slamming against each other and other objects and the disgusting cracking of bones told her that someone had came - maybe to save her, maybe not but certainly to attack her attackers.

She dragged herself to the wall, sitting against the array of bricks cemented together, panting heavily. She heard light footsteps and in seconds, she could see someone standing in front of her. Too exhausted to look up, she had yet to know the identity of her rescuer.

"T-T-Thank y-you..." She coughed, tasting blood in her mouth. It even hurts to speak.

She expected a voice, perhaps a heroic speech or something of that sort, but she was greeted with silence. Too curious to ignore, she tilted her head up and her jaw dropped in shock.

Staring down at her, concern filling his icy-blue orbs, was Bucky. He crouched down to her level after a moment, examining her wounds carefully. She stared at him, then her eyes wondered to his hands. His real hand was bruised and bleeding slightly, but otherwise fine. His metal one was... Covered in blood.