16. dance

The Avengers Tower was more lively than ever. Numerous guests, ranging from celebrities to supermodels littered about. The members of the Avengers inwardly sighed at the sight; Tony was at it again.

Somehow, Tony managed to convince all the Avengers to not leave the tower for the night and attend the party he planned. It was a miracle he managed to get everyone to dress up and stay, after the first few parties during their time at the tower the Avengers usually leave whenever Tony hosted another one of his ridiculous parties unless it was during an event such as Christmas or New Year.

Bucky tried to stay away from the commotion and crowd, but unfortunately Sam and Steve dragged him back saying that if they had to deal with the crowd, so will he. Thankfully, all the Avengers found each other and stayed together, sitting in a corner near the window where they had a clear view of the city. Even Chase was with them, though Anastasia was nowhere to be seen.

"How did we end up here?" Bruce questioned, looking at the models uncomfortably. They were glancing at the group ever so often.

"Those girls are getting on my nerves." Sam muttered.

"Yeah? Well those guys are getting on mine." Natasha scoffed, trying to ignore the stares she was receiving from practically all the male guests.

"Who's ready for some music?!" Tony suddenly asked from the stage. The crowd cheered wildly. "Well I have a treat for all of you." he smirked, "say hello to the Queen of Pop herself."

He stepped aside and as soon as he did, a drop-dead gorgeous woman walked onto the stage. She was tall and curvaceous, with wavy black hair and bright blue eyes. When she appeared, everyone screamed and cheered like their life depended on it.

"Who is she?!" Steve asked over the loud noise.

"Reina Lebeau?! Tony managed to hire Reina Lebeau?!" Clint exclaimed, awestruck.

"Who the hell is that?" Bucky questioned, frowning. He didn't understand the big deal.

"Only one of the youngest and most talented female artists ever." Chase answered. Over the weeks she had gotten comfortable enough with everyone to feel at ease around them.

"Good evening everyone." Reina greeted, grinning brightly, "I'm honoured to be here tonight-"

"Though it did take a lot of convincing for her to agree to this." Tony interrupted, making the audience laugh.

"Well I do have a tight schedule." Reina admitted, though Bucky could see she was a little irritated by the interruption. "Anyways, I hope you all will enjoy this."

Everyone clapped and waved their hands in the air madly, hypnotised by the beauty on stage. The music began, and as soon as she started singing Bucky understood why everyone was fawning over her. Her voice was phenomenal.

"Is she even human?" Steve asked, his jaw open wide.

"How the hell did Tony get Reina to agree to this? She rarely does private parties." Clint murmured to himself, obviously a huge fan of Reina.

"He was very persistent." Pepper informed, "her agent was a monster to deal with, but Reina was actually the one who convinced her agent to let her perform tonight."

"She wants to perform for Tony?" Steve frowned, "who would want to do that?"

"The woman must be attracted to him." Loki muttered.

"Not exactly."

Bucky's eyes widened slightly at the sound of Anastasia's voice. She had been absent for most of the party even though she promised she'd attend. When he saw her, he felt heat rising up to his cheeks.