17. reasons

Bucky slipped his arms around Anastasia's waist and tangled his fingers in her hair, messing up her bun. He felt arms wrap around his neck as he pressed her closer to him. They paid no attention to their surroundings, they were in their own world.

He smiled and tilted his head to get better access. Her scent enveloped him, making him slightly dizzy. Her lips were soft, just like he remembered.

They separated after a while and rested their foreheads against each other, smiling sheepishly.

"I love you." Bucky whispered.

"I love you too," Anastasia responded, her voice soft, "I love you so much." Her voice broke a little, and tears cascaded down her cheeks.

Bucky's heart shattered seeing her tears. He cupped her face and used his thumb to wipe her tears away.

"Why are you crying doll?" he asked quietly.

"I'm just happy." she answered, smiling through her tears, "just... Happy."

He grinned and kissed her again, more passionately this time. His heart was about to burst out of his chest, he felt as if he was on cloud nine.

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to kiss you again." Bucky sighed, leading her from the dance floor when the song finished.

"Really? I... I didn't think you saw me that way..." Anastasia confessed.

"Well now you know." Bucky grinned, but his smile faded when he saw Steve and Sam smirking from the bar.

"What is it?" Anastasia questioned, concerned.

"The boys... They'll never let me hear the end of this." Bucky groaned.

"Well... If it makes you feel better... Chase, Natasha, Clint and perhaps even Loki will drill me with questions." Anastasia stated.

"Then what would you say?" Bucky asked cheekily as they sat down on the couch.

"Hm... I don't know, what should I say?" She inquired as he pulled her closer so her head was resting on his chest. He didn't care if they were in public. Nothing was going to ruin the night for him.

"You should tell them that you're mine now, and I'm yours." Said Bucky.

"... Are you sure?" Anastasia whispered, sitting up, "are you sure you want to be with... Someone like me?"

Bucky frowned at that ridiculous question. "Of course I'm sure Ana. I've never been more sure."

"But... You're too good for me Bucky." she protested, "you're this hero, and I'm just me."

"I'm too... Good for you?" Bucky repeated, dumbfounded. She was too good for him. "I may be a hero but you should know by now that I'm no Saint."

"You don't have to be a saint to be a hero." Anastasia said, "you risk your life saving the lives of strangers. You do all these amazing things and I'm... I'm just a woman."

"A woman who is amazing. A woman who is a hero of her own." said Bucky, "a woman who has saved countless lives of her own. A woman who is the hero that never gets noticed, because she saves people so often, it becomes a regular occurrence."