Choices Made By My Grandfather

Victor's POV

I was a bit nervous about this so called adventure, but also excited. At sixteen, I was taking part in a special program at MIT. I would be studying Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences. Maybe I would pick up some extra classes for some other subjects if I had time.

It wasn't as if I had anything else to do. There would be no Academy assignments, not since Mr. Blackbourne kicked me off the team. While I would miss my friends, I wouldn't regret being free of Blackbourne's constant need to control our every move. Unlike the others, I hadn't been interested in doing the Ashley Waters job. I had no wish to attend a public high school. Especially since it was considered one of the worst in the state.

"We will be staying with a friend of mine's son. He is a widower and sometimes has to travel. Since there will be times I must be  here in Charleston, we decided to help each other out." My grandfather continued to speak. "His daughter has been attending programs at MIT and other area colleges since she was eight. She will help you adjust to college life."

"Is she older than I am?"

"No," his eyes twinkled. "She is only fifteen, she is a certified genius."

"A prodigy like I have been called?"

"Somewhat." He seemed pleased that I was interested. "Like you, she is also musically talented, but she is also gifted in several other subjects. I had her father look over the results of the tests I had you take. He thinks you may be similarly gifted."

"Really?" I'm shocked.

Who has Victor's best interests at heart? Do you think the other boys will stand at Victor's side or will they follow Owen Blackbourne's lead blindly?