My Dad

Raschel's POV

Once the mat was clear, I went running to my dad. I was giddy. Not only did I have my first match against a stranger, my dad beat the crap out of the bully. He must have seen me coming, because he spun and caught me when I went to hug him from behind. He picked me up and tossed me into the air and I giggled like a loon. I know it was childish, but I did not care. We missed many things because I was either missing or recovering from another surgery. So we ignored what other people said and did things we found fun. While those watching might not notice, Colt, Foxy and Shan were all close enough to catch me if he missed, but he never missed. My dad, he would rather die than ever hurt me. He was always making sure I knew that he loved me and I was the best part of his life. I was scared of him at first; he was so big and looked like a giant. His voice had been so gruff. That did not last long; he was like a big teddy bear with me. When we were first reunited and they shaved my hair off, he and his entire team shaved their heads, even Foxy, so I would not be alone. When I would have a nightmare, which happened often in the beginning, he would wrap me up in the fuzzy pink blanket he got me. He would carry me to get a drink of water, we would sneak a cookie, and then he would waltz me back to my room. He would sleep on my hospital bed, I would sleep on his chest, and his heartbeat kept me safe in my dreams.

When I was little, human touch was one of my biggest fears. From my earliest memory, it brought only pain and terror. There had never been any gentleness or loving caresses. The only physical contact I had known was slaps, a fist, pinches, a belt, broom handle, my hair pulled out and so many more ways a person could hurt you. I used to lay there on floor, fighting to remain conscious as I watched my mom coo and fuss over Marie as if she was a little princess after beating me. I did not understand why she did not love me, I had always tried to be good, but it was never enough for her. Marie would make a big mess and blame it on me and she would punish me for it. She would break her toys and then claim I did it out jealous spite. Her mother always believed her, even if she had watched Marie break the toy in front of her.

"Raschel," my dad's voice was sharp and stern, calling me from my memories. I shook my head, clearing myself from the fog and bringing my attention back to the present. I raised my hand to my cheek and was surprised to find it wet. How? Why? I looked up at my dad, silently begging him for answers. "It is okay baby girl, just a flash back. You have had them before." He comforted me. He raised his hand and motioned someone over. "Luke and Victor are going to take you to lunch, Luke wants you to meet his uncle and see the diner. Are you okay with that?" I nodded and he looked relieved.

"Let's go change," Foxy took my hand and led me away.

Sven's POV

"That happened fast," Shan was scowling. "I wonder what set it off."

"I don't know, but I think it is best to finish up the job here and take her home." I mutter. Chel has been doing really well; this is the first flashback she has had since last year. This was also the first time I was not monitoring her environment completely though. It was the main concern I had for her forming a team, we never knew what would set off a flashback and I have been the only one successful in bringing her out of them. It nearly broke me every time she had one. There would be my little girl, looking so lifeless and her eyes so empty, as if she was a doll. It had taken forever to be able to break through the terrors imprisoning her in her mind, to earn her trust so that I could pull her out of them.

"I know what you are thinking and I want to do the same," Colt placed his hand on my shoulder. "She wants the team; she wants to be like everyone else. Talk to Luke and Victor; work something out to where the team only does Intelligence from now on. They are good with her, they know her history and I am certain that they will have no problem with concentrating in one field. She is only fifteen; she still has time to overcome her past. Rome did not appear over night."

"Have her teach them to make the gadgets she is always creating," Shan added. "They may have ideas they can add to them. They are extremely useful and we never have enough of them."

"He is right," Colt smirked. "Her bird drones have helped us more than once to get the information we needed, people do not even notice they are there."

"Unless we let Foxy have the control," Shan muttered. "It never fails, she always manages to make them dive bomb who ever she is tailing."

Colt and I snicker. Yeah, our Fox was a bit wild when in control of a moving object. Chel banned Foxy from her labs after Fox managed to destroy five newly finished drones when she attempted to fly one without permission. We ended up taking them both to Disneyland to cheer them up. Poor Shan had to go on every rollercoaster twice with Foxy, Colt and I went on the more sedate rides with Chel, who was in a cast at the time.

ats":{"T}7