Moving Early

Luke's POV

We flew from Charleston to Boston on the Morgan family's private jet. From there we took a helicopter to a large estate between Boston and Cambridge. The house, triple the size of the one Victor had grown up in, was beautiful. We couldn't wait to explore it. We were shown to our wing and told to choose the bedroom we wished to claim as our's. Victor chose a room done in white and silver, very elegant looking and filled with antiques. I chose the room across from his. It was done in sky blue and white. It reminded me of a sunny day. The kind with big puffy clouds, the ones you would stare up at and see the different shapes they made. While it was also filled with family heirlooms, it felt warm and welcoming.

While the maids unpacked for us, the Butler took us on a tour of the house. We had the entire wing to ourselves except for the bottom floor. The two game rooms were impressive, as were the study areas. It wasn't as fussy as Vic's home was in spite of being filled with family memories. As long as we were respectful of the old collectables, we were to make ourselves at home. Victor was pleased that there was a music room, practically drooling over the vintage grand piano. The Chef was very nice. He invited me to visit him in the kitchen any time I wanted and that he was available to help with any of my cooking lessons.

Then we were given a tour of the daughter's wing. We expected a lot of girly stuff, but ended up surprised. She had her own private music room with a mini grand piano and several other instruments. One room was filled with computers and other electronics. It had bookcases crammed with books to do with anything electrical. I had to drag Vic out of both rooms, I think he went into shock at seeing so many books on his favorite subject.

The only thing that was close to girly was her bedroom. It was done in white, pink and silver. While elegant, it was warm and welcoming at the same time. I liked it.

It was made clear that we were not to enter her wing without her invitation unless it was an emergency. That she would extend us the same courtesy . We thought that was fair and agreed. Once the tour was over, we returned to our own wing. We started making a list of the things we needed.

"I thought we would be sharing a room." I admitted.

"So did I." Victor chuckled.

"It was strange." I confided. "In the game room, the one with the video games. I kept picturing Nathan and Gabe playing the game systems, hearing Nate hoot as he trounced Gabe in some video game. I could see North and Silas playing Foosball while North complained at all the money being wasted on stupid games. I could see Kota hunched over his laptop as he played one of his MPG games. I kept expecting to hear Mr. Blackbourne take the Butler to task for a speck of dust on one of the chandeliers. Our rooms still unpacked because Doc kept the maids from doing their jobs with his flirting."

" I was picturing them here as well." He gave a sad smile.

"Well boys, think you will have enough room?" James Morgan asked, amused. Having entered without us noticing.

"We weren't expecting a wing of our own." Victor replied.

"Raschel wasn't sure what teenage boys liked, so she looked it up on the internet. Once she saw that there were numerous things, she decided you would be better off in your own wing."

"When do we get to meet our hosts?" Victor studied his grandfather with narrowed eyes. The elderly man had changed his clothing. Instead of the elegant suit he usually wore, he was now dressed in a pair of worn jeans and a plaid shirt. He was even wearing cowboy boots.

"Ericson, Sven Ericson and his daughter Raschel." James's eyes twinkled. He turned to face me. 'Raschel calls me Uncle James, I expect you to do so as well."

"Yes Sir." He gave me a stern look. "I mean, yes, Uncle James." I gulped. Victor snickered.

"Have I met them before?" Victor frowned.

"You attended a couple of Raschel's concerts with me. One in New York and one in Charleston, I believe."

"What instrument does she play?"

"Piano, violin, cello and I believe the guitar." Victor couldn't seem to remember her or the concerts. While I was curious to meet her. A female Victor?

YߟWq