-A- Meeting

"Honestly, I need to teach them English before I can teach them any Japanese." Dr. Sean Green complained. "You can't understand a word they say."

"Don't try," Shan told him. "Just do what the other teachers are doing, assign homework from the book and have them do reading in class as you grade papers. We do not want the other teachers to get upset with you and we want you to stay out of Hendricks' notice. He wants to put us in the spotlight, make us a target. That is not going to happen."

"How did your meeting with him go?" Foxy asked, impatient.

"He wanted our students to wear uniforms and to give interviews to a reporter for the local paper." Shan was scowling.

"I see no reason why you did not let him have his way," Owen Blackbourne frowned as he cleaned his glasses. "I must also point out that this is no place for the lower ranked team members to be. Only the team leads are to attend this type of meeting, then relay the decisions to the rest of the team."

"I disagree," Foxy was the first to reply. "At no time will we allow the boys to be targets. While they may be teenagers, they are still children and we will protect them at all times. A uniform will make them stand out like a sore thumb, allowing Hendricks minions to find them easier. As minors, they cannot give interviews without parental permission. I checked and the school has no permission slips signed by any of their parents or guardians. As for this meeting, it is for all members that are participating in the mission. I will also remind you that your team is under our command until this mission and the irregularities are corrected. Nor are there any low ranked members, all are equal and are allowed to have a say."

"Just how long am I to tolerate you usurping my team?" Owen demanded as he clenched his fist while he struggled to hold onto his temper.

"That is something you must take up with the High Council once this mission is completed and a hearing has been arranged." The Fox informed him coldly.

"My team and I withdraw from this mission," Owen informed her icily as he stood. He gave Kota a silent command with a glance, leaving the room. Sean stood to follow; he too gave Kota a commanding glance. Only to be ignored.

Once the door closed behind him, Kota spoke. "None of us wanted to take this mission, Mr. Blackbourne insisted. He said we would graduate once we completed it and our favor debt would be paid off. He accepted it, which means we will not leave until it is completed or you tell us to go. You made it clear from the start that we would be following your orders and we accepted that. He is having a rough time right now, he feels Luke and Victor abandoned him and he is worried we will do the same. He will calm down, just give him some time."

"Bullshit," Nathan snorted. "They did not abandon him; he kicked them off the team during a petty tantrum. It has always been his way or the highway. We let him rule us because we bought into his false dream of being a family, even though it meant kissing his ass for life. He is always saying that family is a choice and I get to decided who I want to be my support and adviser. I am choosing Erica; she is more a mother to me than my own has ever been. She cares enough about me to help me obtain what I want from life, not what she deems that I should have. If you were as smart as everyone thinks, you would be choosing your mother too."

"It is best to keep personal matters to private discussions," Foxy interrupted before Kota could reply. "While we are always available if you wish to discuss them, it is better for you to learn to solve the matter between the two of you."

"I am sorry," Nathan apologized to Kota. "I am being a jerk and you don't deserve to be the one I take it out on."

"No problems, we all have bad days." Kota bumped fists with him to show he understood.

"It has been brought to my attention that you have been kept pretty busy the past few years, missed out on a few vacations." Shan took over. "During the month of October, the sororities of C of C have a battle on who can provide the best haunted house. Foxy and I would like to invite you to go with us the weekend before Halloween. Since there will be a five-day weekend for Thanksgiving, we were hoping your team would go to Boston with us. I am sure Luke and Victor would enjoy showing you around and introduce you to their horses. Your families are welcome to come with you."

"What about our charity work?" Gabe asked. He has been doing well at toning his language down around Foxy and Shan.

"They will be taken care of," Shan assured him. "No one will go without, I promise."

"I would like to go," Kota admitted. "Mom would enjoy the mini vacation and Jess and I have never seen snow. It would be fun to try sledding and a snowball fight."

"Luke and Vic won't mind?" North demanded, scowling.

"They encouraged us to invite you," Foxy tossed in quickly.

"Go," Axel advised them. "It is a great place to visit, we go every summer."

"Corey has a play date there every year," Brandon snickered. "He likes to be bossed around by baby bird."

"She does not boss me," Corey glared at his twin brother. "You are just jealous because she won't let you see her dungeon."

"That reminds me," Kevin smirked at Marc. "You never did tell us why she locked you in her tree house."

"He ate the entire coffee bean cheesecake she got for her dad in one sitting; this was after she had told him he had to wait until Sven had the first piece." Axel was the one to answer. "I had to take her into town to get a new one and she locked him in the tree house so he would not eat the new one too." Marc blushed as everyone laughed.

"It was a Cappuccino Cheesecake," Marc corrected. As if that fact was important enough to excuse him of the crime.

"I'll ask Uncle," North muttered.

"We have to get Mr. Blackbourne's approval first," Kota reminded them. "We will ask our families only after he has given his permission."

"Fuck Blackburnnie," Raven gave his opinion. "Thanksgiving is time to spend with family and friends, not bossy suits with a stick up their жопа. (Ass) You have family who love you, enjoy time with them while you can. No one lives forever and you will wish you had not ignored them when they are lost to you."

t1'Pbl