I have a Question

Axel's POV

"Gabriel is under doctor's care," I informed everyone. "He was admitted, his stepmother signed the papers. The main thing to concentrate on is that he is getting the help he needs. Foxy and Shan had a family emergency and had to leave, they will return as quickly as they can. Until then, I am in charge of the mission. We will continue with the way we have already been going. I will be at the school all day, come to Foxy's office if you need anything. North, until further notice you will be doing your class work with me."

"I thought Pam was in rehab, how did she get out?" Nathan asked, looking confused.

"Her doctor let her out long enough to get Gabriel settled, he agreed that it was important to both of them that she be with him during this."

"How long will he be there?" Kota asked next, his brow wrinkled with concern.

"I can't answer that fully," I felt bad for not having a definite answer for him. "They will keep him until he is mentally stable and accustomed to his medication. They want him in control and to make sure he has no adverse reactions. For now, he isn't allowed any visitors and Dr. Roberts has promised to keep us informed on how he is managing. Any updates I receive, I will pass them to you quickly as possible."

"How long is Foxy and Shan expecting to be away?" North questioned. While he respected Axel, he felt better with the Maguires in charge.

"I don't know," I admitted heavily. "They were unable to give me a time frame for their absence. All I can tell you is that Colt ordered their ass to Boston with no delay. The senior Mr. Ericsons flew with them. As I said, it is a family emergency."

"The net is buzzing like crazy," Nathan was staring at his phone. "Word is going around that Raschel Ericson was kidnapped from school. Do you think there is any truth to it?"

I exchanged a look with Marc and he nodded. "Raschel was kidnapped from the student parking garage earlier today. Every team the Academy has in and around Boston is on the streets and searching for clues. My team is on standby in case we are needed, we will fly out the minute we are called."

"What about us? Shouldn't we be helping them look for her?" Nathan demanded, looking angry.

"You haven't graduated and this isn't a mission for trainees," I reminded him. "You are not familiar with the Boston area or have any contacts there. You would be more of a hindrance for them."

Is Luke okay?" North looked ready to rush from the room if Silas hadn't been holding him in place.

"Both Luke and Victor are fine. They are remaining in the Ericson Estate until more information has been gathered."

"Doesn't she and Victor attend the same school and classes?" Kota seemed to be counting.

"They do, Victor had been delayed by one of their professors. She had already been taken by the time he reached the car."

"What about the shits that Sven has watching her at school, where were they?" North was getting louder with each word.

"I don't have any answers at the moment," I kept my tone even. "Getting upset isn't going to help her, I suggest you calm down and continue to focus on our mission here. Don't go bothering your brother either, he has enough on his mind with one of his team members missing. Knowing Colt, he has the pair looking for information to distract them and keep them out of trouble. He won't appreciate you interfering with his plan."

Raven stood and moved to stand before North, his tone menacing. "You will obey Axel. You mess things up and delay them in finding Baby Bird; I will personally make you regret it."