A New Year- A New Beginning

Luke's POV

I think this is the first time ever that North gave me his full attention, there was no Silas or the others getting in the way. That sounded horrible, but I didn't mean it to be, it was just there was always distractions. I have just wanted him to SEE me for whom I am, not who he and the others imagined me to be. I was more than a prankster and thief; I was a million different emotions and ideals inside. I had my quirks and pet peeves but I was also loyal, supportive and chose to dwell on the good things in life. Poor North was stuck with me and he would learn that I had a great teacher in Uncle.

Uncle James and Victor flew to Japan early this morning; they would be back New Years Eve. Sven, Cupcake and her grandfathers were staying with friends in Boulder, Sven and Chel were snowboarding. Colt took his mother to visit relatives in Wyoming, Foxy and Shan went back to Charleston. That meant Uncle and North were at my mercy and I didn't have any at the moment. I dragged them everywhere I could think of, luckily, they were having fun. We went bowling, who knew that Uncle was a pro bowler? We went to the toboggan runs, North sucked at steering and almost took out a couple trees. We did run over a few small bushes and they stranded me half way down the hill more than once. We went to the Skywalk Observatory, Museum of Science, Salem Witch Museum, I took them to danger!awesome so we could play with the laser and cut things. We hunted down Keytar Bear to listen to him play Michael Jackson's 'Beat It' and laughed at Uncle who didn't understand why the musician dressed like a bear. We enjoyed the Fiesta Brunch at Masa in the South End and the food is unbelievable. North and I spent several hours at Brooklyn Boulders, climbing the rock walls as Uncle tried the smaller ones. The three of us tied at 'Escape the Room', we had a lot of fun taunting each other over on who would win.

While it may have seemed like a lot to fit into five days, we were bonding, the three of us. North had to talk to us, we wouldn't accept his grunts and silences. Every night before bed, he beat the crap out of the punching bag. Oh, he was still his grouchy self, it was part of his personality but he was talking to us and not at us. We arranged for them to visit in the spring so we could go to the cabin, North was looking forward to trail riding and living in a line shack. I couldn't help snickering, I knew it was going to be a lot harder than he thought.

Sven and Raschel retuned first, Sven had broken his ankle. When we asked how it happened, Cupcake burst into tears, and then giggles, Sven cuddled her to calm her. Rolf was the one who told us, his eyes sparkling with laughter. "It seems that a girl in her twenties was stalking Sven at the resort after seeing him the day they arrived; everywhere he went, she was there. She dismissed Raschel as his annoying little sister and told her to go get lost on the other side of the mountain. He and Chel were coming down the snowboard run when she appeared in front of Chel, she was able to avoid hitting the girl but it put her on the path to some rocks. Sven was trying to catch up to his daughter before she crashed; the girl tripped him with her ski pole to keep him with her. He was able to grab our little monster before she collided with the rocks but they slid down the side of the run and hit a tree instead. Sven's ankle was broken when the said girl ran into him with her skis and jamming it between her ski and Chel's board." He sobered. "Another boarder had recognized Sven and was filming them, they attended college together. He got it all on film and called Rescue, Chel was unconscious and my son was ready to kill the idiot girl. Chel has a slight concussion so New Years Eve will have to be a quiet one this year."

"Did the idiot girl get in trouble?" I asked as I quickly moved to sit on Raschel's other side and searched for a lump on her head.

"Her Great Aunt and Uncle own the resort, she was sent there by her parents for employment in hopes she would learn to work. Skiers are not supposed to be on the snowboard runs, the course if completely different. With the video, she and the resort are in trouble, as an employee, they hold part responsibility for her actions. Many famous people visit the resort, they will find somewhere else to go if they have to worry about employees stalking them and hurting their children."